Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between different rear tyre widths.Well my Kawi's rear tyre is 140, I like more the look of bigger tyres and I feel pitty that I can't install a wider tyre because the maximum size which can be put on is 160, what can I do about that, modification's, suggestions???What are the advantages and the disadvantages?140 or 180?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
wider tire = slower starting turns, also bigger contact patch, put whatever your stock bike can handle and learn to rail with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think GPZ/GPX 600 original rear tyre is 130/90?
I may install 150/80 someday, nobody tried it before?
What like drive after that?

Where you have heard that 160 is maximum size, to stock rims? I think that is definitely too wide..

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Tires

You can take a cruiser tire of 150 or 160 and not even come close to the grip of 130 sport tire. width means nothing when you campare it to grip! Read the manufactures tires recommendations for your bike and stick with a tire that is sticky enough to keep you upright! It is cheaper to spend an additional $100.00 on a pair of tires than it is to drop it and have not only to work on the bike but to be bruised and hurt yourself. This is one area that people tend to skimp on, yet it is one of the most important pieces of the bike...if not THE most important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts