Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was sold a seat under false pretenses lately, and it doesn't seem there is interest in buying it from me. It is a two piece seat for the Vulcan 1500 and Nomad (sale listing is here).

If I don't sell it, I was thinking of using the innards to rebuild the stock seat. Has anyone done anything like that? It absolutely will not fit my 900, so there is no way I can use it as is, but if I pull the cover off the stock, insert the new foam, and recover it with the stock cover, would that be feasible?

What do you think?

·
Back in the saddle
477 Posts
Hello everyone,
I was sold a seat under false pretenses lately, and it doesn't seem there is interest in buying it from me. It is a two piece seat for the Vulcan 1500 and Nomad (sale listing is here).

If I don't sell it, I was thinking of using the innards to rebuild the stock seat. Has anyone done anything like that? It absolutely will not fit my 900, so there is no way I can use it as is, but if I pull the cover off the stock, insert the new foam, and recover it with the stock cover, would that be feasible?

What do you think?

??????????????????
??false pretenses??

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Probably something more like this, "But I have a 900, are you sure that seat will fit. Yeah, no problem it'll fit!"

Maybe not, but possible. Aliens are possible too . . . 8^)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The conversation went like this: "I have a seat for a classic for sale." "Will the seat fit a 900 Classic?" "Yes, it will fit a classic."

But the past is the past, no sense beating it up. I just need to sell it or use it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All brackets are there. I can send you a picture of the bottoms if you like. All studs and conchos are in terrific condition and present. The seat is actually in terrific shape. I just can't use it. It looks like it was put on a bike, ridden a couple of times, and taken off.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I would say sell it and then buy something that's made to fit your 900. Dropping the price will get it out the door very fast. Check in the sell forum, ebay and your local craigslist for a competetive prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts