Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the recall done today. The dealer left a message yesterday about it. I didnt' get a chance to call them before they closed. So I called them this morning and they took me in right away. Only took an hour. The wheel included various things like spacers and bearings. While I was waiting, I was talking to my sales guy. He said they pulled the two 10s they had on the floor until they have the wheels to fix them under the recall. They also have on in storage that has yet to be unboxed that needs to be done under the recall. I find what my dealer did to be extraordinary. I can't imagine how much money they're losing by not even having their stock of 10s on the floor. They also could have just used my wheel to fix one of their stock bikes but they didn't. I also was number one on the list even though someone had bought theirs before mine. But since I notified them first and the service manager gave me his word that I would be taken care of first, I was taken care of with the first wheel. I'm very happy I bought from these guys and won't hesistate to recommend them to anyone. I don't know if I can post the dealership name here but PM me if you're interested in a good dealer in Maryland. I think I'm gonna send over a pizza one day for the guys there.

As far as the old wheel is concerned, the dealer had to cut out the casting codes from the wheel to send back to Kawi to verify the recall was done. It's a shame a nice looking wheel is just trashed. I picked up the wheel and the thing weighed practically nothing.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
ZX10 Guy said:
Well I got the recall done today. The dealer left a message yesterday about it. I didnt' get a chance to call them before they closed. So I called them this morning and they took me in right away. Only took an hour. The wheel included various things like spacers and bearings. While I was waiting, I was talking to my sales guy. He said they pulled the two 10s they had on the floor until they have the wheels to fix them under the recall. They also have on in storage that has yet to be unboxed that needs to be done under the recall. I find what my dealer did to be extraordinary. I can't imagine how much money they're losing by not even having their stock of 10s on the floor. They also could have just used my wheel to fix one of their stock bikes but they didn't. I also was number one on the list even though someone had bought theirs before mine. But since I notified them first and the service manager gave me his word that I would be taken care of first, I was taken care of with the first wheel. I'm very happy I bought from these guys and won't hesistate to recommend them to anyone. I don't know if I can post the dealership name here but PM me if you're interested in a good dealer in Maryland. I think I'm gonna send over a pizza one day for the guys there.

As far as the old wheel is concerned, the dealer had to cut out the casting codes from the wheel to send back to Kawi to verify the recall was done. It's a shame a nice looking wheel is just trashed. I picked up the wheel and the thing weighed practically nothing.
Sounds like you got well taken care of!! Thanks for sharing, we like to hear good stories like this.....enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're lucky....i've went to several dealers around here and they have said they have only gotten 1 wheel so far and they put it on a bike they have for sell...which i think really sucks..they should take care of the bikes on the road first, then worry about their profits....so it could be several more weeks before i get mine

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
You're lucky....i've went to several dealers around here and they have said they have only gotten 1 wheel so far and they put it on a bike they have for sell...which i think really sucks..they should take care of the bikes on the road first, then worry about their profits....so it could be several more weeks before i get mine
I would call Kawasaki on that one. That doesn't seem right. They may change their tune...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I think this dealer has been pretty exceptional in their service both on the sales side and on the service side. Before I decided to buy a new bike, I had an old 90 ZX750. My first experience with them was having the bike inspected so I can register it. The service manager was really cool about cutting me some breaks to get it passed. Also after I had the bike for a little while, they were very helpful in helping me diagnose my clutch problem which I did all the work myself and didn't pay them a dime for their advice. They didn't once hesistate in giving me answers to my questions knowing full well I was doing all the work myself. So when it came time to buy, I gave them preferential treatment in my decision process and they also happened to be the only dealer in my area willing to come down a little in price and stated a firm number over the phone.

BadAzz, I'm sorry to hear about what your dealer did. That was precisely my fear about the recall. I'm glad to say my dealer didn't disappointment me. When I got my bike done last Friday, the last thing I heard them saying was that they hoped to get another wheel in soon to take care of another customer's bike which will cover all the bikes they've sold so far. No mention about how crappy it is that they won't sell any of their unsold stock until I had brought it up. Too bad it seems that dealers like mine are a rare case now a days.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Great dealers

Great dealers DESERVE our recognition. Go that extra little bit out of your way to email and then send a print out of your email to Kawasaki in California...Headquarters. It won't cost much, and your rewards will be greatly appreciated by the dealer, when he gets feedback from headquarters. Pizza for the place is a great idea. It too works wonders and you will find them most willing to assist you in whatever you want or need. Just like our sponsor, Beartooth Kawasaki, we have some awesome dealers that reallly do care about the customer. Some places, not to mention any specific location/shops, are there for the buck, and once you have purchased a bike, offer services, but no advice, and there is no deal for acessories even if you bought the motorcycle at their place. I think that we should promote the names of our shops and services that they provide, and pass the word around. I don't think that the one shop that I have negative remarks about should be mentioned by name...only good shops should get our time and apreciation on this Kawasaki Forum. You know the old saying..."If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." The reverse is true as well, "IF you have something to say nice, then tell us and spell it all out!"

·
Registered
48 Posts
1Adam12 said:
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
I would call Kawasaki on that one. That doesn't seem right. They may change their tune...
It's not that easy, mi amigo. It's a matter of supply and demand, and right now the demand (due to the recall) is *much* higher than the supply. It's not Kawasaki, either...it's their wheel manufacturer who's slacked off in this case. They're working like hell to get enough wheels out, but it still take time.

Patience, my friends...patience. We do as much as we can, when we can do it. :D

Cheers

Spoone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts