Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my 4010 mule today. If you have one, what kind of windshield and winch do you have? Please let me know the models and where you purchased, I am in the market for both items.

Bill

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
My recommendation is to sit down with your dealer and discuss your requirements and get their recommendations.

I use the Kawasaki provided, Curtis, cab and glass windshield without any problems at all. I happen to like the one I get through Kawasaki, as when parts are needed they are readily available. And, cabs break things over time from the shaking and twisting, so keep replacement parts in mind.

I would have nothing but a glass windshield as the Lexan and plastic types scratch and turn grey in less than a season.

Winches are a different animal. The 4010 requires a mounting bracket and winch that are compatible. You can get the OEM package, an aftermarket Warn package, a Husky, or the Venom package. Or an elcheapo Harbor Freight winch and mount. Pretty much the same as the others, also made in China so we do not encourage any over employment in this country.

All seem to be good, but some will work with snowplows and some will not, so consider that if you use a plow.

I have a Warn on my diesel 4010, but not because I would have particularly spent the extra money to buy that brand. I got the machine when it was two days old and the original purchaser lost his Freightliner truck plant job to Mexico as one of the exciting new benefits of continued expansion of international trade and NAFTA.

Also, do not waste your time on a winch rated less than 4,000 pounds on the 4010.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My recommendation is to sit down with your dealer and discuss your requirements and get their recommendations.

I use the Kawasaki provided, Curtis, cab and glass windshield without any problems at all. I happen to like the one I get through Kawasaki, as when parts are needed they are readily available. And, cabs break things over time from the shaking and twisting, so keep replacement parts in mind.

I would have nothing but a glass windshield as the Lexan and plastic types scratch and turn grey in less than a season.

Winches are a different animal. The 4010 requires a mounting bracket and winch that are compatible. You can get the OEM package, an aftermarket Warn package, a Husky, or the Venom package. Or an elcheapo Harbor Freight winch and mount. Pretty much the same as the others, also made in China so we do not encourage any over employment in this country.

All seem to be good, but some will work with snowplows and some will not, so consider that if you use a plow.

I have a Warn on my diesel 4010, but not because I would have particularly spent the extra money to buy that brand. I got the machine when it was two days old and the original purchaser lost his Freightliner truck plant job to Mexico as one of the exciting new benefits of continued expansion of international trade and NAFTA.

Also, do not waste your time on a winch rated less than 4,000 pounds on the 4010.
RCW,
I have a 2008 Trans Mule diesel and am thinking about installing a Warn RT40 in the stock Kawasaki cavity. Do you know if it will fit or will I run into problems? Minor problems will be O.K. just not any major surgery. I see that EMP makes a winch bracket that places the winch slightly outboard of the factory brushguard/bumper and up a bit above the factory placement. Can you comment on this bracket and will it be needed or just installed as an option to place the winch higher on the Mule? Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mule 4010

Just received my 4010 mule today. If you have one, what kind of windshield and winch do you have? Please let me know the models and where you purchased, I am in the market for both items.

Bill
Bill I purchsed my whole cab from my dealer so that may not be of much help to you. I however purchased my winch and plow form eagle manufacturing out of Minnesota and I'm very happy with the whole set up.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.