Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed the MSF class last weekend, and my certificate showed up in the mail yesterday. It's a CA DMV form, gold in color. It has my name and DL# hand printed at the top, and a bunch of admin info printed at the bottom, looks like it was fed through a printer.

The problem is that there are no signatures anywhere on it. Next to the typewritten name of the "authorized site administrator" there is a box for their signature, but there is no signature.

I'm wondering if DMV is gonna tell me to get lost until this thing is signed. Has anybody else completed MSF recently and gotten their certificate? I'm wondering if yours is the same way.

Thanks.

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I took my MSF class they just gave us signed business card type cards on the last day when we passed. Its pretty plain and the only info on it really is my name and the instructors signature with the MSF logo. Perhaps because you got a certificate with all of that info on it it'll be enough, sort of like an "official" seal of some sort.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got the signed car thing too. Maybe the two together will do. We'll see tomorrow. If not, I'll be riding home at night anyway, which isn't technically legal on just the permit. :)

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh yeah the card should be all you need, the dmv in lousiana just wanted to see that card, and the insurance companies just wanted a copy of it. Just lets you bypass the riding portion of the dmv test so I wouldn't imagine why that wouldnt be enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, the form is wrong. DMV wouldn't take it. I spoke with MSF immediately afterward, and they've already made me up a new form. I'm meeting with the guy in the morning to pick it up.

Rob

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Nope, the form is wrong. DMV wouldn't take it. I spoke with MSF immediately afterward, and they've already made me up a new form. I'm meeting with the guy in the morning to pick it up.

Rob
At least they are taking care of it quickly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts