Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a kit to relocate the rectifier? Or, is there another way to relocate it? I have a '03 Meanstreak.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I had a relocation bracket included in my set of V&H pipes...

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Came with my Cobra pipes.... you need to get rid of the "goat belly".

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
same for me

I got a rectifier re-locator bracket with my Cobra pipes as well.
However, their is nothing to stop you from fab'ing up a small bracket to mount the rectifier to the holes that use to hold that unsightly cat. converter. (Assuming that is that you have aftermarket pipes already. and if not, then that would be the first step.)
Happy Happy New Year from the frozen Northland.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just got rid of the goat bladder when I put Hard Krome pipes on, but there was no bracket for the rectifier. That would make that side look much better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering if anybody had a picture of the bracket to relocate the rectifer ?
I should be receiving and installing my HK's tomorrow. I would like to move the Rectifer then. It would help to see what the V&H and Corba brackets look like so I can fab one to match. I have an 04 Meanie.
Thanks

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Sorry UA, I tried to get a clear pic but as its installed and under I couldn't get a good shot with the digi cam

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
A part of the engine output is used to power a generator to produce electricity in the form of AC, but the bike’s electrical system needs DC. The rectifier basically converts AC to DC.

What is PHUK?

·
Registered
309 Posts
My cobra pipes came with a relocater too. I like it hidden rather than the chrome cover kit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you can check with a shop or dealer that installs pipes and ask them if they have a bracket. some people get pipes like cobra's that send the bracket with the pipes and they don't use the bracket. that is how I got mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts