Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. new owner of a kz550 ltd. was just wondering if you could explain to me what the red switch next to the bright/dim switch on left controls is for?? have tried it while riding and nothing seems to happen. any help is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
4 way hazard flasher switch. The lettering has probably been worn away.
Under the seat near the battery box, you should see two silver flasher cans, one for the turn signals, the other being the hazard flasher.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
It could also be a problem with the switch. I had to take mine apart and clean the contacts in the switch to get them to work.

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
hello everyone. new owner of a kz550 ltd. was just wondering if you could explain to me what the red switch next to the bright/dim switch on left controls is for?? have tried it while riding and nothing seems to happen. any help is appreciated. thanks
Well, there's your problem right there...

...they only work when there's a hazard - kind like how you only get a tornado when there's a trailer park around.... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
careful with the tornado talk.. we are in kansas after all. not real concerned if the hazard flashers work. i was just making sure it was not an essential switch. thanks to all for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts