Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you guys that have had to remove the battery and ECU on a Nomad. When I removed the battery and lifted out the ECU, it seems it was just sitting there inside the battery case (enclosed in the rubber damper). Is it actually fastened to anything inside the battery case or does it just rest in there? Seems like it rests in there and is kept from moving around by the battery.

I had that stuff out when I installed a TFI unit yesterday. That's no 45 minute install (at least for me). Took 2 hours, but was easy to do. Just took my time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I installed a Cobra fuel processor on a friend's 07 Nomad. I had to lift the ECU out and hook the processor's wires in to it. It did not seem to be fastened on his just kind of laying in the battery case. I looked as I went back in and did not see any brackets or fasteners for it so I just slid it back in.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird but it seems to work. Have a great new year!

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Honestly I don't recall if it was attached to anything or not. I took my battery out in early 06 to check for any undue wear on the wires going to the ECU -as some early Nad riders reported a problem (search for posts by Cabo).

But at the time all looked fine on my 05 model Nad. I added some electrical tape to the points that looked like they might get some friction wear going just to be safe and buttoned it all back up. No problems before or since really so I don't think you should be concerned about it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts