Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, had to remove the stock pipes/exhaust to access a few things... having a hell of a time getting the **** thing back on... everything lines up except the bottom two bolts... it sits too high... if I take the rubber crush gaskets off the two top rear bolts between the exhaust and the bracket - everything lines up just fine, but I'm thinking those are there for a reason.. am I not torqueing down enough on those top rear bolts with the crush gaskets in place to line it up? I'm a bit nervous about just cracking down on the bolts hey. Any input would be helpful... luckily its winter, so I'm in no rush... Thanks!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
It might help to post what bike you have. When I install mine, I line up and start all bolts before I even begin to tighten anything down. I don't even snug them up prior to getting all bolts started with just my fingers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh, my bad, its a 900 custom... been a long day. Yeah, I can get get the nuts on the headers on, the nut on the rear mount on, the bolt on the rear top mount. However, the threaded bolt holes are about 1/8-1/4" off on the bottom mount - the pipes sit a little too high to get the bolts threaded into the bike's bracket.

Like I said, if I were to take off the rubber gaskets on the top mounting... it all lines up perfectly... harumph.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I could start the bottom bolts first I think I'd have it, unfortunately, Kawasaki made one of the top mountings a threaded stud instead of just an eye for another bolt to pass through, so if I were to mount the bottom bolts, there'd be no way to get the top hole over and onto the stud ... pictures would probably help... sorry...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts