Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New problem with Storm (my bike) Storm is a 1979 kz 1000 b and when I got him he was is sad shape. I ha spent the last year and a half tring to put him back into the bike that he should be. In his day he was one of the fastes prodution bikes on the market. he has a header but I don't think that he was rejetted. what size jets should he have. Im SO learning ho to work on this bike and yes I have a manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I remember correctly when I put a 4 into 1 exhaust system on my 75 Z1 I had to go up in size a least 2 sizes. I started out around 115 and ended up at 118.5. Depending on the type of header system you have and the change in backpressure you may have to vary from this size I would start out 1 full size richer than what you have in there now, take plug readings and adjust from that point. Remember that changes in the exhaust and air filters will change how rich or lean the engine will run. The better the engine breaths the richer it will have to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.