Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Moved My Horn Button And My High/low Beam Switch To The Side Of My Speedo Bezel. I Cleaned Up My Clutch Level Mount And Shortened The Level And Polished All Of It When I Got Through. I Also Polished The Throddle Housing For Right Now, But I Am Working On Using A Throddle Without Switches And Locating The Starter And Kill Switch On The Otherside Of The Speedo Bezel

Attachments

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
I Moved My Horn Button And My High/low Beam Switch To The Side Of My Speedo Bezel. I Cleaned Up My Clutch Level Mount And Shortened The Level And Polished All Of It When I Got Through. I Also Polished The Throddle Housing For Right Now, But I Am Working On Using A Throddle Without Switches And Locating The Starter And Kill Switch On The Otherside Of The Speedo Bezel
Looks nice, but how about safety issues?
I would never dare to move the horn button anywhere where I can't reach it in an instant of a second. My life could definitely depend on it...

btw, isn't it hard to capitalize every single word..? :biggrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mirrors?

I like the clean looks, but have you also removed the rear view mirrors? It looks awesome but safety seems to be in question here. In a world where cagers dont even know we exist I have to side on safety. Don't mean to rain on your parade here cause I think it looks awesome just not sure I could make the same moves.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Looks like a good candidate for some bar end mirrors..

·
VN900
208 Posts
I will say that it looks really clean like that but it's not for me. Where I ride I wouldn't want to take my hand off the left grip just to work horns or lights when I need to.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I KNOW MIRRORS ARE GOING TO BE A MUST, JUST HAVENT FOUND THE RIGHT ONES YET. THE WRONG STYLE MIRRORS WILL MESS UP THE LOOK AND THE ABSENTS OF MIRRORS COULD MESS ME UP!

...sorry about the caps, my computor program at work runs on cap lock, i forget to turn it off.

... i dont have anger issues...really.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I like the look. That is a clean set up. Just wondering how well and quick you can get to the horn. I know I have had to use mine a couple of times. Not nocking your set up at all, I do like the way it looks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for your compliments, I know the quickest place to go to the horn is going to be at the grip. i also believe that the more you move towards the look, the shorter the riding distance probably becomes. this is not a ride to be buzzing down the freeways or a long day ride across the state, bobbers were (for lack of a better term) bar hoppers, short distances and looking good gettin there.

·
Night Rider
802 Posts
If a car is going to turn into your lane, it's going to do so regardless of whether it's 1 mile or 100 miles. Taking your hand off the handlebar to honk the horn to try to alert the driver that you are there is just increasing the odds that something could go wrong, as if those odds are not high enough as it is.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
thanks for your compliments, I know the quickest place to go to the horn is going to be at the grip. i also believe that the more you move towards the look, the shorter the riding distance probably becomes. this is not a ride to be buzzing down the freeways or a long day ride across the state, bobbers were (for lack of a better term) bar hoppers, short distances and looking good gettin there.
I'm using my horn more in the city than on the freeways, so your argument feels a bit backwards...

I'm not here to be some preacher of morals and safety, I was just curious about your point of view.. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts