Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anybody here has remapped their fuel injection system. I'm looking into getting a full muzzy or micron exhaust and was told that remapping my fuel injection system would help. Also I am wondering if anyone in here knows of any good websites about this topic so that I can research it more.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Power commander III with new map will do you right. Basically the power commander (remapper) when tuned properly is finding the most ideal ignition sequence to fire and by doing so increases performance.

As far as a website...can't help you there. My information is based on personal observations of riding with and without mapping being done and conversations with fellow riders. It does make sense if you think about its purpose though.

Key element is WHO is tunning your chip!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this place where I purchased my bike has a dyno tester and they would build me a custom map. How does the power commander hook up to your bike?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's connected to the 'brain" and on the dyno they run your bike and tune as they go. Essentially the dyno will help identify your flat spots and areas of opportunity and the tuner will tune accordingly and coerce more power for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts