Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
National Cycle came out with their QuickSet4 System and Switchblade windshields, allowing snap on/snap off, but they're apparently not planning to design one for the 1500. I use the Memphis Fats detachable, but it's cumbersome to remove/install and is too far forward on the headlight to be able to use a standard lightbar. I'm told that National might consider adding the 1500 if there is enough interest. Since this would be a real good addition to the line of 1500 accessories, please take a minute and go to the tech support page of National's website (www.nationalcycle.com)and send them an email so they know there's a lot of us out there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know this was about the 1500, but since I just got one today for my 1600 I thought I'd left all know its super easy to install and I alreayd love it. I got the shorty which shields the body, but still lets me feel right out in the open the way I like. I have a full face helmet so my face is protected by that. It looks good too!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I copy the Memphis Fats windshield removal is not super easy, but nor is it difficult...it's only 4 screws that need to be loosened.

One more on the light bar, I have a 1500 Classic Fi and have the Fire & Steel light bar for the Fi...it fits the Memphis Fats shield perfectly.

Look at it at the website below.

T-man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, the FI setup is different than the carb. Your Memphis Fats windshield brings the shield to the back of the headlight. Unfortunately, the brackets for the carb push if farther out and can't take a standard lightbar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts