Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I am going to be a lot more comforatble on my 82 Kx750 if I cut out about 2" on the front end of the seat. Getting a cover, so no issues there. Just wondering if anyone has done this, any helpful pointers for me? THanks :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt! I'm sure it will become one of my bookmarked links until I am ready to do that. How much did you lower yours? Mine is straight up a height issue and a desire to lower myself in order to lower the center of gravity on my almost-too-heavy-for-me top-heavy 82 KZ750, lol.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure how much I lowered it... probably a few inches. I was going for a "sleek" look so I would have taken off as much as possible to get the look I wanted. Good luck with your seat mod and let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day

Matt-

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeez Matt, that is some serious work you've put in! Nice job so far!

I'm so glad you said that about an electric carving knife - that was one of the things I was considering, just wasn't sure if I'd get a bunch of "you wanna do WHAT"s from everyone, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you draw on the foam to help get what you wanted or did you just eyeball it as you went? I'm planning on keeping the shape of the seat, just dropping the front seat down about 2 or 2 1/2 inches. I have about 4 1/2 inches of foam in the seat now that is in good shape.....thinking a couple inches of good foam will still be enough padding for my butt
:-o

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't remember if I drew on the foam or not. It mostly came down to eyeballing it. 2 inches of foam is enough foam for any but:D

Once your done "roughing out" the foam with the carving knife then you need to use some kind of a sanding disk to smooth out the seat. I'm sure you could also use some 100 grit sand paper and hand sand it smooth. It sands smooth super easy!

Matt-

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also had to lower my seat as being a 5foot 3 guy my 81 kz750 was a bit tall for me i removed the leather and used a long bread knife ....lol i took about 3 inches out of it ....much more bette fit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts