Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 vulcan vn1500a. I like the look of the stock exhaust but am wanting a bit better sound out of the pipes. I haven't really seen any aftermarket stuff i like as much as the look of the stock pipes. Anyways I'm wanting to take the baffles out of the stock pipes. I've seen ways to do it on 800's, but i was wondering if anyone knows how to do it on my bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can always do it the old fashion way.....pour a little water in the pipes when they are hot...then blow out the fiberglass in the baffles...*LOL* I never had to get he baffles out of my 95...they were blown out when I bought the bike....just added the Hard chrome pipes...like them better

As for the highway Hawk bars...you can go to their web site....or just order thru Kawi....but the hawk bars are pretty cool looking...nice lines......check your clearence on the tank...make sure the risers will clear everything over the tank at the lock postion....otherwise you can get a few scratches on the top of the tank...I have the clear fingernail polish on the tank to prove the lack of clearence....but...**** does it look cool. The bars....not the fingernail polish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts