Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Community,

this is my first post and i'm not a native speaker. So i would apologize if i can't explain things proper or if i use wrong words sometime, but i haven't found a good board in german...

What i want to ask is the following. (Searching the Board brought no matching result for me)
I bought a K&N replacement filter. I have already removed the black plastic cover of the airbox. Also i removed 2 screws, that hold the gas tank. This part, the gas tank is screwed to, is blocking the way to slip out the airfilter. There are 2 other screws that you can remove, so that you can remove this interfering part. I tried hard, but could't remove this screws, they are to tight.
Is there a trick to remove this screws? Would it be necessary to remove the whole tank? Or is there a other way that allows me to change the airfilter?

Thanks in advance

Peter

·
Registered
741 Posts
DE_ZR-7 said:
Hello Community,

this is my first post and i'm not a native speaker. So i would apologize if i can't explain things proper or if i use wrong words sometime, but i haven't found a good board in german...

What i want to ask is the following. (Searching the Board brought no matching result for me)
I bought a K&N replacement filter. I have already removed the black plastic cover of the airbox. Also i removed 2 screws, that hold the gas tank. This part, the gas tank is screwed to, is blocking the way to slip out the airfilter. There are 2 other screws that you can remove, so that you can remove this interfering part. I tried hard, but could't remove this screws, they are to tight.
Is there a trick to remove this screws? Would it be necessary to remove the whole tank? Or is there a other way that allows me to change the airfilter?

Thanks in advance

Peter
No need to apologize for your English..it's probably better than mine :wink:
Since I know nothing about your ride, this suggestion may not be a good one: if you have the room to work with an impact driver, you might try using one to loosen the 2 screws.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mh, i don't got much tools, but if there's no different way, i will remove the gas-tank. Perhaps the screws are easier to handle if it's removed.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have removed those before

DE_ZR-7.... you do need to remove those screws to get the botoom cover off to reach the air filter...I have a 2000 ZR-7 and :p had to remove the same screws to get to the battery..I agree with the impact wrench but what worked for me was a good set of metric t-handle ball drivers...I don't know of another way to get to the air box..good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts