Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding my KZ750H3's forks. At the top of the internal piston I found this little black plastic valve (it's kind of like a ring for the piston). Looks like this.....
View attachment 32877

It doesn't look too bad, but I see some wear on the sides that contact the inner tube. Is this piece commonly replaced, and if so, is it even still available?

Attachments

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
its a damper rod style fork so really not alot you can do other than replace fluid/seals... sounds like its there to just center up the damper rod piston assembly.... not worth trying to make perfect.... they will do the job fine with new fluid/seals.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took them off to clean the pistons well, and them put them back on with no problems. It is shown in the diagrams, but the whole piston is listed as a single part. You think that a plastic part would be available for replacement, but I can't find them. Seems to be a kind of ring to seal the piston (just like on an engine piston). Guess they'll be okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.