Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Leatherlyke saddle bags for my wife's 900LT, and was wondering if anyone here has replaced their stock LT bags with the Leatherlyke bags, and if so, did you keep the saddlebag side supports?

Kraz~

·
Registered
570 Posts
I bought a set of Leatherlyke saddle bags for my wife's 900LT, and was wondering if anyone here has replaced their stock LT bags with the Leatherlyke bags, and if so, did you keep the saddlebag side supports?

Kraz~
I have Leatherlykes on my V2K and love them, so I just put a set on my girlfriend's 900. You need to remove all of the OEM brackets as the LLs come with all you need. You're going to be very pleased with the design and quality.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
Haven't thought that far ahead :)
Kraz~
If it was me, I'd hold onto the oem LT bags. It just makes more sense to retain all of the oem parts as that helps with the resale value. Besides, the Leatherlykes can always be used on another bike in the future.

I've kept every single oem part from my bike as it'd be a piece of cake to restore to 100% oem in the future (10-20 years).

However, it's up to you, not me. :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was me, I'd hold onto the oem LT bags. It just makes more sense to retain all of the oem parts as that helps with the resale value. Besides, the Leatherlykes can always be used on another bike in the future.

I've kept every single oem part from my bike as it'd be a piece of cake to restore to 100% oem in the future (10-20 years).

However, it's up to you, not me. :wink:
Hummmm, somethin' to consider :smile: I got to get these Leatherlykes installed first. Barb doesn't know I bought them for our upcoming anniversary, and I may have to ask her which she wants to have on her scoot :) Could be she may decide to keep the stock ones on. Altho, she had the Leatherlykes on her 800B and loved them because she could lock them......:)
Kraz~

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hmmm, I was in an accident 2 yrs ago and replaced my stockers with Leatherlykes. I'm pretty sure I have the supports around here somewhere. I take it your looking for a set?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, I was in an accident 2 yrs ago and replaced my stockers with Leatherlykes. I'm pretty sure I have the supports around here somewhere. I take it your looking for a set?
She has the LT, and so we already have the LT bag supports. I'm wondering if I will need to use those stock supports when I install the Leatherlykes, or if they will hang right without them ?
Kraz~

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi this is completley off topic but i have alot of question about my 250 that i just bought (my first bike) and this is the first time i signed up for a forum thing and i cant even figure out how to write a new post. can someone tell me i honestly dont know how to start a new post/question.

·
Actually, EX-CarGuy
596 Posts
Beefboydigy, click the "New Topic" button at the top of the screen.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
She has the LT, and so we already have the LT bag supports. I'm wondering if I will need to use those stock supports when I install the Leatherlykes, or if they will hang right without them ?
Kraz~
Oh,,, I see. Ok well, in answer to your question. Yes they hang just fine if you have the Leatherlyke bumper supports. They are little round bumpers that screw in just under the fender.The bags rest on these bumpers and don't need anything under them for support. Not sure just what the bumpers screw into though. I'm at work right now so I can't even go look. Perhaps someone else might know? If not, I'll look tonight and if you like I can post a pic of it as well. Let me know. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh,,, I see. Ok well, in answer to your question. Yes they hang just fine if you have the Leatherlyke bumper supports. They are little round bumpers that screw in just under the fender.The bags rest on these bumpers and don't need anything under them for support. Not sure just what the bumpers screw into though. I'm at work right now so I can't even go look. Perhaps someone else might know? If not, I'll look tonight and if you like I can post a pic of it as well. Let me know. :)
I bought these second hand from a member who had these from his 1500, and he redrilled the mounting holes for his 900 Classic. They didn't come with any bumper supports. If I knew what they looked like, maybe I could make a pair, or maybe Leatherlyke would sell me what I need :confused:
Kraz~

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Bumpers

As you can see. The back of my bags have 2 bumpers on them that match up to 2 bumpers that are bolted to a bracket that is bolted under my fender. I'd have to say that the semi circle bracket that the bumpers are bolted to probably came with the bags. Hope these pics help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As you can see. The back of my bags have 2 bumpers on them that match up to 2 bumpers that are bolted to a bracket that is bolted under my fender. I'd have to say that the semi circle bracket that the bumpers are bolted to probably came with the bags. Hope these pics help.
Thanks a bunch ! Those are great pictures, just what I needed. Now when I contact Leatherlyke, I'll have a picture to show them what I'm needing :)
Kraz~

·
Registered
995 Posts
I put a set of Leatherlyke bags off a Honda Aero 1100 on my 1500 Classic and had to make the brackets. Not sure if you can see them in this picture but I just made an "arm" that holds them out (has a bumper on it) and the front of the bag has a tab that rests on the shock.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob did I send you pics of the brackets I made for those bags?
Yep you did , and thanks ! Doesn't look too hard to do. I finally got a reply from Leatherlyke, and they said a install kit with bolts and support brackets would cost $49 plus shipping, which came to about $60. I think making some like what you have, would be a cheaper way to go :)
Kraz~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts