Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1983 KZ750 LTD that hasn't really been used in the last 21 years (only 5k miles, put on 10 years ago, no service records). I drained the gas (and carbs), changed the oil, filter, battery, replaced the tires, and gave her a good cleaning. What else should I do to bring her back to her former glory?

·
Registered
605 Posts
eh, despite having emptied the tank you probably have some tank damage unlesss it was filled to the top so that no water could enter in there and condense and keep freezing and stuff.

First thing I'd do is rebuild the carbs and put some fresh gas in, after that see how it idles. My 82 was a little bit of work but it is so nice now and I rarely see one as old as mine in such great condition.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you did'nt mention what the plugs looked like :?:

·
Registered
605 Posts
ooh, ooh, pretend I put the spark plug question in mine, cuz that one's obvious :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
also check

I own two vintage bikes both purchased on ebay....my 750 also sat for 15 years idle. At least it was in a garage!!!! So I we did was some carb work. After we cleaned the carbs I had a tune-up done...one of my spark plugs wasn't burning clean.

Also check the condition of all of the cables..clutch, throttle and brakes....my speedo cable was broken, so had to replace that.

Heather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts