Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

This is my first post, so s'up!

Now that that's out of the way, I just bought an 87 Ninja ZX600A over the weekend for $600. I got the whole thing rewired after finding out someone who owned it before me either didn't care or just didn't have a clue (the front turn signals are on the back, and vice versa to give you an idea). It starts up right away, and once warm runs great, the throttle cable and Choke are a little sticky but easilly fixed. I downloaded the schematics for all the various systems off the Kawasaki sight, as well as bought the Clymer manual. My question is, how exactly do the fuel lines hook up to the carbs properly??

I ask because there are some discrepancies between the shematics off the site and the repair manual, and neither are very descriptive. Also, whoever owned the bike prior to me ripped out the entire air box assembly, filter, and canister evap system... and slapped on some K&N filters (one per carb) in their place. As of now the main fuel line (the one that just dumps fuel when in the prime position) is connected to the t joint in between carbs 2 & 3 like it's supposed to be. There are two lines that are dead ends just hanging, one inbetween carbs 1&2 and one between 3&4, and according to the schematics and the manual they are fuel lines that should connect to each other, and then I have no clue where they are supposed to go to... the fuel tank I suppose? Regardless they're just hanging there, not even plugged. The secondary fuel line (vaccum activated from the tank, smaller in diameter) is connected to carb #2 (2nd from left) via a little spigot sticking straight up inbetween the carb and the cylinder, at the back of the carb. I am not too familiar with carb parts other than the jets and floats, etc, so forgive me if I sound totally inept.

There is also a vacuum switch that has 4 lines, 2 are currently connected to the cylinder heads, one to the non-existent air box is capped, and the small vacuum line that sticks straight up is capped as well. I'd like to know where the small vacuum line is supposed to go if it were there.

So that's my perdicament. I want to get it back to original condition someday in the near future... and it's running fine, but I'd feel much more comfortable if I knew what all those do, and if it's ok if they're capped, etc. Thanx for reading all this, and thanx even more if you respond.

Happy Riding... spring's <this> close
~Heffjay

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind

Nevermind, I picked up an airbox assembly and the vapor recovery assembly yesterday, and of all things I noticed the label on the front-underside of my seat had a diagram of where all the vacuum lines go. Problem solved. Kinda sad a little sticker would have more info than a 330 page repair manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts