Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Vulcan 500, Honda Valkyrie, Suzuki V-Strom 1000
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to reply to my original "new member" thread from 2006, but I know some forums despise the necro-thread posts. Well, I currently have one Kawi in the garage; my wife's Vulcan 500. I currently switch between a 1998 Honda Valkyrie and a 2002 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom. I sort of drifted away from here when I had no Kawasaki's, so please forgive my indiscretions...

Anyway, for some reason, even unknown to me, I'm jonesing for a Concours 1400 lately. I can't explain it, other than the acquisition of motorcycles is a curse/blessing, of which I am afflicted. The Valkyrie is a beast, and a fine cross-country tourer, as well as a commuter, joyride bike, and pretty much anything I ask of it. The Strom is a good hooligan bike, commuter, tourer, and can even handle some light trails (to be fair, the bike is probably more capable off road than I am). Both could be called the Swiss Army Knife of bikes. Maybe I just explained it to myself. Maybe my mind wants a dedicated sports tourer. Even so, I've watched a bunch of videos of 1400's doing all kinds of riding, so maybe it fits the bill as a capable do-all bike, too. Oh well, at least it's another bike to farkle when the snow flies here.

That's the long and short of it. I'm back. I've never been a forum post stacker, but I'll try to be a little more active than I used to be.

·
Super Moderator
10,924 Posts
Welcome back!

Reactions: Gator

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Welcome back to the forums Gator.

Thanks to you I have that danged theme song to Welcome Back Kotter stuck in my head.
If you do snag a Concours, be sure to post some pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't thought about that show in years. When I was a kid, I had a tee shirt with Vinnie Barbarino on it that said "Up your nose with a rubber hose". Growing up in the 70s was a good time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Travolta in an earlier role. Hope the Kawasaki forum elders don't ban me for showing an old Honda commercial :whistle:

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Travolta in a Honda commercial? That's priceless. Imagine what he would charge to do the same commercial today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts