Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. If I may, I'd like to introduce you all to what I'd like to introduce you all to what can be considered a new rider.

Charles, the recipient of that '87 VT1100 is slowly growing back into a rather large pair of shoes he left some 10 years ago. We've been getting him back up to speed over the last few days, initially on my Ninja, then slowly transitioned over to his heavier Shadow. He's catching on quickly, having already gotten the throttle/clutch nuances of his bike, rolling from a stop, and general slow speed maneuvering. And yep, he's been sportin an ear-to-ear grin as he putts around the parking lots that we're teaching him in. Yesterday, he finally got into second gear... as in literally. :biggrin: He has a way to go, but is well on track.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share my excitement of getting my buddy back on the two-wheeled road. :)

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
Welcome Charles, and congrats on the bike. Now the fun starts..:smile:

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm....................heavier shadow ?

Its not heavy, just a little outta shape and style.............lol

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Good for him! Glad you got it running, and put a friend on the road.

Here's to many happy miles together.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Big Howdy, and Welcome from Texas. Glad things are going good. Couple of great smiles there in your picture. Only thing that will make those smiles better are some bugs in your teeth. ;)

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Congratulations Charles. :D

You realize you're gonna have to get your own logon here, and join in all the fun, now right? ;-)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Way to go Charles. You will be on the road in no time. You got a very nice teacher there. He is very active on the board. Hope you will join us.

D8)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Congrats Charles way to go , we look foward to seeing you on here. Also a big shout out to Slo'Poke, Everone needs good friends and it sounds like your one, Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts