Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the rev limit change when you re-mapp? Meanies tap out at 6rs, I was wondering is anyone getting more and how with out granading the motor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nope...The rev limit doesn't change.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
rev

this only applies to dynojet, but this is what a friend got from a local tuner. dynojet has an agreement with the bike manufacturers that their mapping does not change the rev limiter. by doing this, dynojet receives the proper connectors from the manufacturers so the installation is user friendly and reversible. he was told by dynojet that if their software changed the rev limiter then the man. would not supply them with the connectors. i think the bike companies are trying to limit the amount of easy motor work that would hurt the motors and cause them a hassle with warranty issues.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds political, but you can look at it in a good way or bad way also. THX.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
1RAASTA said:
Sounds political, but you can look at it in a good way or bad way also. THX.
yeah, somewhat. i look at it as a good thing. a plug and play device is something that is a lot more installer friendly. not to mention that IF you did have warranty problems, then you don't have a hardwired device that can give the manufacturer any ammo. just my $0.02. on top of that, i ride a nomad, so the rev limiter very rairly comes into play !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts