Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't think he was talking about a performance issue. It is a looks thing. The big open space is now filled by the twin shocks. Adding the fake shocks fill the gap with something to look at. The right look will sell the product every time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My Suzuki does have larger covers that doo take up some of the open air. The other bike had a minimalist look to it. It's whatever you like. Mono shocks rule though, they allow for a very stiff swing arm and a variable rate shocking system that cannnot be done with conventional shocks. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I switched from sport bike to cruiser. It was a try- found out- not my world. While I already told my wife, I looked around and as I'm a huge fan of 80s and 90s bikes, I stumbled over the Z900RS- and fell in love with the bike already.
I read a little test reports and the opinions are mixed. Some where disappointed, some say average and some love it.
Is there anyone having one and be able to get a longer term experience?
I don't want to waste my time looking at another bike I'm not happy with later.
I'm used to 150+hp, one of the reasons, the 900 vulcan is kinda not it- besides the seat position.
Just trying to make my mind up, as I like the z1000, but not the looks- too spacy and too aggressive looking- hate this new style all those new bikes have- the z900rs is a light in the design reality.
Bit input would be very appreciated. Thank you!
I had a 78 KZ 650, 2000 Z1000, now ride a 97 Vulcan 800 Classic and 2015 Connie 14. Got rid of the Z1000 even though it was a really fun bike because of the limited range butt wise, went to the connie. That 900 will be all you want if you want to go back to the 70's but with modern electronics. It took me awhile to get over not having a kick and electric start. Hope that helps.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts