Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15,327 Posts
I'm actually with you on this one. :tongue: I don't wear all that heated gear though. In the winters here, NC, it gets cold but usually not much below the 30's. I just layer up. I think the biggest issue for most people is that it is kind of a PITA to put all that crap on to ride. I hate having to layer up but I'd just much rather be on my bike than in my cage. *shrugs*

· Registered
15,327 Posts
Interesting responses. This is pretty much how I saw it riding cruisers. Over on the touring websights. There are dozens of discussions on heated gear. It is as common as loud pipes. For those that wish to participate, it is some great stuff.
Arizona weather? 30 minutes north of my house, we are at 6000 feet and low temps are running 10-15 degrees at the moment. Having heated gear allows us to ride to some of our favorite haunts that just was not possible before. We are off next week and are heading north for a few days. We expect morning temps in the teens and afternoons in the 30's. Heated gear does work.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some heated gear. Just can't fit it into the budget right now. Maybe next winter. What I should have done last year is snagged up some stuff from the local Vic dealer in the spring when it went on sale for 30% off! :mad: I think that's what I'll be doing this coming spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.