Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I got home from work--with an hour of daylight left--and decided I was going to do something I'd never done before, ride alone! My husband has always ridden behind me, keeping a watchful eye--but he wasn't home. So...I got my courage up, and off I went.

I've only clocked about 17 hours of riding so far--in my life--7 in the RiderCourse and 10 on my new bike, but thought I was up for a few laps around my neighborhood. I rode for about 40 minutes, getting lots of practice cornering. I must admit that riding certainly takes my mind off EVERYTHING. :biggrin: Time flew, the sun started to set, and I tucked Comet in for the night.

It's great fun learning something new! How many of you can remember those first few hours of riding?

"Free and easy down the rode I go!" :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Awesome feeling, isn't it!! Keep on riding and you'll be an old pro before long. I remember my first time riding alone...I was scared, excited, and many other emotions. After a couple of hours, it was so cool...

Ride safe Vixen and keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Right on. Nothing like just you and the wind. I am kinda jealous, we got about 4" of snow here today. I really miss getting out and just riding to nowhere.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
just-g, You have my sympathy. It snowed here today as well and is snowing now again. As soon as the roads are cleared I'm taking the beast out to clear its pipes and let it roar. Can't wait for spring.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Way to go Vixen. I like riding with my buddy but really enjoy being off on my own. To do my own thing and ride my own ride. Another storm tomorrow but they saying next sat. 38 degrees.
woo hoo gonna be biking.

As you said it's soooooo relaxing

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
You go girl! I like riding with friends, but I love to ride alone too. Riding relaxes me, and makes me feel intouch with my thoughts. I can have a bad day and escape from my troubles when I'm on my bike. Have fun with it Vixen!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I remember the first time my wife went out solo. I stayed home with the kids and it seemed that it took her along time until I heard the bike coming home. She's one of the most aware riders that I have ever seen, very alert to her surroundings and cages. I ( jokingly) call her the worlds slowest Ninja rider :D .

Good for you VV ! I bet your husband was surprised that you left w/o him but proud of your new found skills and courage !

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Congrats Vixen. I remember my first time alone. Nervous, anxious, all them there feelings. But when you go, they go. Too much to pay attention to on the road to let those feelings continue. I remember thinking "This is sooooo cool. I'm doing this by myself". Always was doing it by myself, but, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tomorrow will be my first time on the nomad. Going to take it out to an industrial park & burn a few gallons of gas trying to stay with it. :redface: This thing is sure a torque monster. -Richard

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Solo -

I always enjoy riding solo. I just wish the weather would cooperate next week. It has been over two weeks since my last ride. If my bike is not in the shop for maintenance right now, I would definitely be in a depressed mood. :eek:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts