Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's Mine, Just got it back on the road after sitting in the garage for 10 years. Still takin it slo n easy tho. Still have some issues with the clutch and I'm not real comfortable with the front brakes but hope to have it all worked out soon.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4 Posts
my old bike...1987 zx1000r...this was sold because someone talked me into buying it as a first bike...but it was fun while it lasted :eek:

ill probly buy another someday, it was a great bike for the price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my old bike...1987 zx1000r...this was sold because someone talked me into buying it as a first bike...but it was fun while it lasted :eek:

ill probly buy another someday, it was a great bike for the price.

This has nothing to do with this post, but I noticed the vibrant blue nissan spec v in the background, is she yours? I had an 02 vib. blue spec v before I moved to colorado let me say I miss that car everyday. Everytime I see one like mine I want to cry/do something illegal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This has nothing to do with this post, but I noticed the vibrant blue nissan spec v in the background, is she yours? I had an 02 vib. blue spec v before I moved to colorado let me say I miss that car everyday. Everytime I see one like mine I want to cry/do something illegal.
yeah...its an 02 also :)

I love that car, despite its fwd layout. It's got 100k miles and all its need other than routine maitenance in the last 4 years is a wheel bearing and a head gasket that just went (everyone told me it would go at 100k...it started to go at 99,200 miles lmao).

I will say that the car seems to reward illegal behavior...before the car I had been pulled over once and never ticketed. Since I got her, I've been pulled over 15+ times and got 3 tickets (most notably 96 in a 65 :mrgreen: ).

·
Registered
50 Posts
actually mine was pretty contrary, whenever i bought the spec i was supposed to be getting out of sports cars and into a four door haha. Inevitably I of course started modding and couldn't stop, I regret selling that car every day. I never got pulled over in it, luckily

I got all of my speeding and dumb manuevers done in this, it was my first car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
actually mine was pretty contrary, whenever i bought the spec i was supposed to be getting out of sports cars and into a four door haha. Inevitably I of course started modding and couldn't stop, I regret selling that car every day. I never got pulled over in it, luckily

I got all of my speeding and dumb manuevers done in this, it was my first car.

is that a gsx?

i like ecplises, but ive always worried about maintenance issues...same with the 3000gt/stealth...nice cars, but i dont think id buy one

·
GPz550 Nut
78 Posts

This is what it looked like, getting it out of storage. Been sitting there for 4 years. Rebuilt the carbs, adding a K&N Stage 3 Jet Kit, cleaned the K&N Pod Filters, and it fired right up.

Ever since aquiring this bike when my oldest brother passed, I've learned so much about my 1985 Kawasaki GPz/ZX550, and the other GPz550 Models('81-D1, and the '82-H1 & '83-H2). Owned it for 5 years now. I have another parts bike the same year, and enough to make a fun track-bike...someday. :mrgreen: I commute 6 miles each way to work here in the city, but don't ride in the rain given the choice. Get's about 65 mpg on long trips. The engine has a little over 5,000 miles on it, and the rest of the bike has 45,000 due to a rod bearing failure at those miles in #3. Mechanically sound, cosmetically blemmished. My first street bike. I believe the saying everyone has when they see it is, "I use to have one of those way back when..."

Gotta love the "Old School" Bikes!!! 8)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts