Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got a Christmas package iin the mail from a friend of mine who rides a Harley. One of the items in the package was a ride bell. I'd never heard of these bells before, but I think they're really cool. Do any of you guys have a ride bell on your bikes?

http://www.hdart.com/ridebells.html

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
my mother gave me a couple, but i have yet to install them. her husband used to have his under the floorboards on his nomad, as a pre-warning to draggin the floorboard. i will most likely install both of them on my bike this winter.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Don't have one ,but I have hear of them. Suppose too be given to you from someone else. Suppose to give you good luck an ward off the road gremlins.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
We've got them on both bikes. Protector road spirits.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was given one of these by someone who owns a harley. I refuse to put it on my bike. Not to bash anyone who has used them, it's just not my thing. I don't believe in road gremlins, spirits, or anything else that has to do with superstitious voodoo.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Poor ole Toby,He's gonna have some real bad Luck by not Having his "lil" Bells dangling from his bike!!! I'm glad he lives in another state and not here in North Carolina!!! I bet his old motorcycle falls apart before long. You better get those "bells" hanging from your ride before to long! Kenny in North Carolina

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
got them on all my bikes - always have - won't ride without them :grin:

·
Registered
837 Posts
maybe someone will send me some for xmas :grin: :grin: :grin: ;-)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm certainly going to put mine on my bike. I was very touched by the part of the explanation about what it means if someone gives the bell to you. And the woman who gave the bell to me is a very dear friend, so I'm going to treasure it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

somebody send bud8 a bell - i'm worried about him now :p

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
How about one of those big ole brass school bells? :) :) :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
naw...lets stick with tha small ones...no room on my scoot for a big one ;-)

·
Registered
458 Posts
jukief said:
I was very touched by the part of the explanation about what it means if someone gives the bell to you.
I'm not a big believer in Gremlins, but I like this part of the legend too.

What the heck.....can't hurt. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
bikeaholic said:
somebody send bud8 a bell - i'm worried about him now :p

well.....im still waiting...mr clause forgot me :?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
we were all just worried we'd stress out the limits of your 1500, you said there isn't a lot of rooml.... :) :-? :smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts