Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 1978 Kawasaki kz650 sr. I just got back from what was going to be a nice ride. Unfortunately as I was getting under way I heard a slight clunk coming from the front end. Pulled over to see what it could be and was surprised to see that 3 of my 4 front caliper bolts were missing. I was not far from home so I limped it back. Right away I checked bike bandit to see if I could get replacements, not available. Anyone know where I can find these bolts? I had just had some work done on the front end at a local shop. Had not even put 100 miles on it yet. Shame on them for not tightening the properly and shame on me for not making sure everything was ready to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind I think I found them was looking at the wrong thing on t he diagram. Hopefully will have them before too long.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I hope you submit the bill to the shop that left the bolts loose. Tell them it is much cheaper than a wrongful death lawsuit that they might have faced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope you submit the bill to the shop that left the bolts loose. Tell them it is much cheaper than a wrongful death lawsuit that they might have faced.
They were very apologetic and not only reimbursed me for the replacements ended up finding me some 3 weeks quicker at no charge.

·
Super Moderator
10,774 Posts
What a nightmare! I've been through things like this with a shop. They ended up going out of business b/c they gave all the "little" jobs to the newest, youngest guy without anyone supervising him and he basically screwed up everything he touched. Glad you didn't suffer physically from this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts