Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,386 Posts
whats with all the curvy roads, can't u find a straight one? ;)

great job, lets see more videos

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Liz, nothing better than a movie with a hot chick and a motorcycle! ;)

Next time I want to see you dragging your knee!!! :eek:
Thanks, Dave! ;) back

And you just might see me dragging knee one day! I want to go to one of the Keith Code motorcycle schools, probably just a one-day, but, as Spok noted, we have lots of curves and I really want to be more comfortable riding them.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Thanks, Dave! ;) back

And you just might see me dragging knee one day! I want to go to one of the Keith Code motorcycle schools, probably just a one-day, but, as Spok noted, we have lots of curves and I really want to be more comfortable riding them.
Lots of curves, huh? Hmmmmm.... ;)

I'd love to do one of those things too, but so far, my curve experience has been on the western NC mountain roads. It's fun to have places like Deals Gap and the Cherahola Skyway available. I got my 650R just for them because I kept trying to ride my Vulcan like a sport bike. I just LOVE curves! ;)

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to say I'm still a bit nervous about the tight curves on our roads. Some of the corners are poorly banked and some have been torn up by truck trailer hitches, so they can get a bit dicey.

Really, I know I will have more confidence when I get more seat time on those bits of the road (it's a straight shot in to my office).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cool vid. (MANY YEARS AGO) I use to make a run through clear lake to Willits and from there to Fort Bragg (HWY 22 I think). Kick A$$ road through Jackson National Forest, then back to San Francisco.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I have to say I'm still a bit nervous about the tight curves on our roads. Some of the corners are poorly banked and some have been torn up by truck trailer hitches, so they can get a bit dicey.

Really, I know I will have more confidence when I get more seat time on those bits of the road (it's a straight shot in to my office).
Liz,
Find you a good road to make your "favorite" and then practice on that. One that's really smooth and in good shape. That will let you practice the skills with some confidence that you know the road. I've got one myself and it's where I always go to practice....when I get a chance! :)

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. It was one of those days when you can't help but find excuses to be on your bike. I know you've all had those! :D

Daemon, how do you keep your camera so steady? Do you have a small digital, or some kind of steady cam mount? Very nice footage! I'll check out more of the videos soon; I just took a look at the Steamboat vids.

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Liz,
Find you a good road to make your "favorite" and then practice on that. One that's really smooth and in good shape. That will let you practice the skills with some confidence that you know the road. I've got one myself and it's where I always go to practice....when I get a chance! :)
Dave, that's good advice. I just can't figure out WHICH road to make my practice road. They're either too low of a posted speed, or don't have the kind of curves that I dislike (and need to get better at), or are not smooth enough. Ooohh, now it sounds like I'm making excuses. I'd better shut-up and just get out there! :biggrin: LOL!

zx10r–You're close on the numbers and names (Highway 20 and Jackson State Forest)—good memory! Yes, gorgeous. We're seeing a lot more groups of sport bike riders coming through this way. I'm looking forward to going over the hill to Willits and being out in the "bigger" world beyond the coast.

·
devil in god's country
11,098 Posts
Daemon, how do you keep your camera so steady? Do you have a small digital, or some kind of steady cam mount? Very nice footage! I'll check out more of the videos soon; I just took a look at the Steamboat vids.

i have a small samsung vid cam that came with the helm cam as well.

if you look closely you can see the foam and the gel padding i used to steady the cam.
and yes that is a bungie cord holding it all in place.
i have a secondary rope holding the cam in case it falls.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.