Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder everyone national ride to work day is in a month or so. here's the website http://www.ridetowork.org/ though I'm sure if you live in a nice climate unlike the ever changing Colorado, you ride your bike to work most everyday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any not storming / rainy day I take one of my bikes to work. Darn weather.com has made me miss a few nice riding days... 8)

I just put a new taller windshield from Cee Bailey's on my Concours. The light green tint looks good with the hunter green bike. As soon as I finished last night, the freakin' rain started to pour. No test ride 'til tonight...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i'm just going by local news now The Weather Channel is full of it...if you catch my drift. Any day that is supposedly going to be 50 or above and partly cloudy with little chance of rain I'll more than likely ride, if it does start to rain then I just grab my rain suit, throw it over my stuff and I'm ready to go

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i ride to work unless rain chances are 50% and up

i don't ming getting caught in it - but i ain't starting out in it :lol:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I telecommute and thus work from home....does a short trip to the end of the driveway and back into the garage count?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
15 mile ride at lunch time? well, if thats what its going to take to get my ride in, then so be it....next thing you know they are going to ask me to ride into the former cubicle land I used to be in to do my work....tsk tsk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok.. WHY does the Weather Channel (or weather people in general) give a 10 day outlook? What's the point? Why bother :!: :?:
I have been watching lately.. and that far in advance it is almost never accurate. They give it so I can "plan ahead".. but if I did, I'd be disappointed!!

The 'Today's Forecast' segment is more accurate, but I can look out the window for that kind of up-to-the-minute news.

I think it has come to this due to competition.. like those work-out tapes. "6-second abs vs. 4-second abs"

"Well, we got the '30-day outlook' so watch us in the morning.."

When they say rain tomorrow.. and it does not rain.. why don't they acknowledge it the day after?

"Yes Bob, I really blew that call.." :oops:

I would feel much better about it. But nothing, just another self-confident prediction for tomorrow (with a straight FACE!!)

Just a thought.
-Ryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys

Last time I drove a car was 3 yrs ago. It was a rental.

It's been now 7 years without a car, and I can consider myself a true biker. Wherever I go it's on my bike. Sun, rain, even snow - if I can hold her on a straight line, it's good enough. and we sure get some nasty weather here in london!

and let me tell ya, it's been great so far

They say you never forget your first love. Well I had my first bike - an enduro 50cc - when I was 13. Apart from a short period when I was 26-27 and I had a car, it's been bikes since

i love it

Happy riding everyone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
... only downside?

it gets kinda hard with the girls.

never been lucky enough to meet a girl rider. lotta girls just dismiss you if ya ain't driving a car...

8)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Lazy_Duck said:
... only downside?

it gets kinda hard with the girls.

never been lucky enough to meet a girl rider. lotta girls just dismiss you if ya ain't driving a car...

8)
Its almost backwards from that here in the states. Girls (for the most part) seem to love the bikes. Everybody seems to own a car/truck/suv of some kind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
always thought american gals were a lot smarter

here they complain too much. maybe it's something to do with the weather. who knows?

:roll:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts