Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I did last Saturday, along with 73 other bikes:

YouTube - BHB Ride Out

One member of our club is very sick indeed. No longer able to ride his own bike. So we stuck him on the back of a Road King and took him for a ride around some of his favourite places. We even managed to get him round the track in an AC at the Goodwood Race Circuit where it was AC Owners' Club day. At the end of the day, we all went back to his house. The neighbours freaked and promptly called the cops. :lol: The cops saw the funny side and left when they realised we were having tea and cake, not Jack and speed (crank).

The club I'm in is a great bunch of guys and gals. We're together through thick and thin. :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've only been a couple of group rides, nothing near 73 riders. Looks like you have a lot of riders running 'interference' for traffic. And as long as everybody goes the wrong way, I guess it's OK.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We rideout together a lot. We have a mid-week pub meet, rideouts on Saturday and Sunday and regular longer trips into mainland Europe. We're mostly guys who use two wheels as our primary mode of transport all year round. Normally the groups are between 6 and 40, but this was a special ride.

We use the dropoff marker system for bigger groups, but the marshals don't normally wear hi-vis unless it is a big group or a night ride. We normally just mark a junction, but due to the size of the group we did have to run a little "interference" to smooth the way.

It's great riding in a big group sometimes. Other times it's better to ride alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.