Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Matt
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a great 34,000 miles over the last 4 years on my 06 Vulcan 900 but I am finally putting "Black Sheep" up for sale. She's been a great partner over the many back roads from Tennessee to Texas but it's time to find her another good home and move on to something that can take me even further.

(can't seem to get the image or link functions to work on the new site so here is a link to the pics...)

If anyone in or around the Arkansas area is interested she's had one owner, is well maintained, garage kept, and still under factory warranty.

Runs like new and is in very clean condition. Includes all the extra's needed to cruise town or the entire region in style and comfort.

Hard to find another one around as well equipped. 34k. Must be seen! $4475.

Extra's Included...

PERFORMANCE:

Exhaust: Cobra Speedster Slashdowns

Air Intake: Thunder Manufacturing Air Kit. K&N performance air filter. Custom vertical S&S style chrome cover.

Fuel Processor: Cobra Fi2000R fuel system

Rear Pulley: Custom made Myron chrome disc overdrive pulley

COMFORT:

Seat: Mustang Vintage One Piece touring seat

Grips: Kuryakyn ISO Grips

Bars: White Brothers Burly. 16" tall, 1.1/4" thick

Back Rest: Custom World International

Windshield: Kawasaki

STORAGE:

Saddle Bags: Viking. Contours to fender shape

Bag Mounts: EZ-Bracket. Lockable quick release brackets

Luggage Rack: Custom World International

Luggage: Jafrum Large Leather Sissy Bar Bag. Not Pictured

SAFETY AND HANDLING:

Passing Lights: Cobra Steel Light Bar with optional chrome accent hoods and custom mounted turning lights

Running Lights: Kuryakyn running light and turn light modulator system

Tires: Metzler Marathon 880. with good tread

Helmet: XL Black DOT spec half helmet. Not pictured

CUSTOM:

Rear Pulley - Custom made Myron chrome disc style overdrive pulley. One of only a few made

Forks - Professionally polished

WARRANTY:

Kawasaki Motor Corp,

MISC:

Owners manual. service manual. And all stock parts from bike in good condition

If you would like to see a better image, have any questions at all, or want to make an appointment to see it please leave me a message by e-mail. [email protected].

Thank You and RIDE SAFE!

·
Matt
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 reasons mostly: carpal tunnel & cruise control. My wrist can't do the 8 plus hour trips anymore without aching and needing to take frequent & longer brakes from the throttle. And the throttle clamps just don't quite do the job for me. I ride year round and my bike is my primary transportation. To most riders cruise control is a luxury but in my situation it has become more of a necessity.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
2 reasons mostly: carpal tunnel & cruise control. My wrist can't do the 8 plus hour trips anymore without aching and needing to take frequent & longer brakes from the throttle. And the throttle clamps just don't quite do the job for me. I ride year round and my bike is my primary transportation. To most riders cruise control is a luxury but in my situation it has become more of a necessity.
I installed an electronic cruise on the 900 this winter and its been a great upgrade! Especially when I am on the slab!

·
Matt
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Witch one do you have Pat? The only affordable one I am aware of is the Audiovox system but from what I understand it only regulates RPM and not actual speed.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
For the miles you have on it I'll say you need a more comfortable bike like the street glide or something like that. Have you tried the universal cruise controls? I have one and love it on long trips, you can get them for arround $30. I installed mine the same day we were going to AK on a motorcycle trip and what a life saver. As soon as you start to feel numbness set it and rest your hand for a while.

·
Matt
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm leaning towards a Nomad/Voyager or one of the Victory X bikes. My HD dealership charges an extra $700-$1000 in dealer fees for each bike the Glide is a little rich for my blood. I have used a couple of the universal throttle clamps and they help but ultimately I would prefer a way to just set the speed and not have to mess with it.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Witch one do you have Pat? The only affordable one I am aware of is the Audiovox system but from what I understand it only regulates RPM and not actual speed.
I got this one. http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=64&products_id=369

And here is a great set of instructions, from a fellow forum member, that I used to help do the install.

http://users.tpg.com.au/roger38//Rostra_VN900.htm

This works great. Now granted if you read the instructions it only works at 50 mph and above, but I really don't have a need for it below that. It holds your set speed very well I might add. Only varying a mile or two. Up and down hill. When you first set it it takes about 7 seconds to fully engage to where you can let off the throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts