Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Scootter_man
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the new look of the Zx-10r and Ninja.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ill never understand the styling of the 14... what is with that "combed" styling on the tank? youd think itd be easy to make anything look better than a busa but IMO kawi is failing...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
To each their own.

Personally I HATE the styling of the front-end of the new ZX-10R... the way the headlights are designed looks like the thing is cross-eyed!!!

I also really don't like all the new pipes that are coming out stock on the new litre bikes... I know they are bulkier because of emissions regulations but they just look **** ugly.

About the only thing I DO like on the new ZX-10 is the short, high rear-end. Probably not very comfortable for a passenger... but with that kind of power they'd have trouble hanging on anyway :biggrin:

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
To each their own.

Personally I HATE the styling of the front-end of the new ZX-10R... the way the headlights are designed looks like the thing is cross-eyed!!!

I also really don't like all the new pipes that are coming out stock on the new litre bikes... I know they are bulkier because of emissions regulations but they just look **** ugly.

About the only thing I DO like on the new ZX-10 is the short, high rear-end. Probably not very comfortable for a passenger... but with that kind of power they'd have trouble hanging on anyway :biggrin:
I'm with you on that, Stefano. The ZX-10 had one of the nicest, cleanest "rear ends" of all and Kawi had to go jackin' with it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks are kind of a secondary thing for me, there are some really new design features on the new 10R that sound interesting. The traction control seems like a cool feature in addition to the new frame, etc. It reads like it would be a nice bike if you're in the liter bike market.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Looks are kind of a secondary thing for me, there are some really new design features on the new 10R that sound interesting. The traction control seems like a cool feature in addition to the new frame, etc. It reads like it would be a nice bike if you're in the liter bike market.
No doubt, xeon.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The traction control seems like a cool feature in addition to the new frame, etc.
I'm opening up a whole new can of worms here... but this feature divides the "purists" from the "technologists".

Personally I would NEVER ride a bike... or drive a car, with traction control. When I drive/ride I approach it as a CHALLENGE and I don't like the idea of a computer rectifying my mistakes/maximising my skills. That's my job.

Maybe in a car I would keep traction control on in every day driving for emergency situations. But anytime I would want to have fun I would switch it off (as I used to do in my dad's Beemer all the time :biggrin:)

Since I always ride to have fun... any TC switch on my bike would pick up a hell of a lot of dust :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I love the new 250, have always hated the 14, and am undecided about the 10. I'm waiting to see it in person at work before I make my decision :p

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm opening up a whole new can of worms here... but this feature divides the "purists" from the "technologists".

Personally I would NEVER ride a bike... or drive a car, with traction control. When I drive/ride I approach it as a CHALLENGE and I don't like the idea of a computer rectifying my mistakes/maximising my skills. That's my job.

Maybe in a car I would keep traction control on in every day driving for emergency situations. But anytime I would want to have fun I would switch it off (as I used to do in my dad's Beemer all the time :biggrin:)

Since I always ride to have fun... any TC switch on my bike would pick up a hell of a lot of dust :biggrin:
Actually the TC seems like a pretty nice feature. In a nutshell as I understand the system, it sits around waiting for a sudden jump in RPMs. It is smart enough not to activate in all but midrange riding areas. This is as opposed to TC in many cars that operate across the spectrum. I know what you speak of in terms of turning off the TC, my wife has a car that every once in a while I'll turn the TC off in. Otherwise you can hardly spin the back tires... I digress. ;)

Supposedly it is intelligent to not activate at low range and WOT. Unlike TC in many cars, you can do a burnout without the TC raining on your parade or foiling your launch at the drag strip.

In any regards, I don't think it is a feature you would ever be conscious of, rather it might recognize a moment of wheel spin and level out power for a fraction of a moment to rectify the situation. It is an outside something toying with the ignition though, we will have to wait and see how it pans out in real world usage.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
I think TC is good for the street but should have no place in racing.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
If looks is secondary I would hate to see what you guys buy, date, are married too, wear, etc...I can't go out looking 2nd class.

Stefano my poll meister...Get a poll going for looks or function.
I'm a function guy, ervins -although in this day and age there's no reason we can't have both.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The grills on the 14 are for cooking liter bikes while waiting for light to change. :p Honestly I think it is suppose to be for aerodynamics, but I agree not the best look for certain.

I am not sure what they are thinking with the mufflers on bikes any more. The cans on the 10-R and the GSXR 1000 reminds me of a big red plastic baseball bat I had as a kid.

In my opinion as of right now the best looking bike for the money that kawi has in '08 is the 250. Talk about a step in the right direction, maybe all the engineers were putting their efforts towards the 250 and ran out of time on the rest. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts