Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to rent a GW in the Little Rock area in early April. Does anyone know of some good (scenic/twisty) day trips to take from there? Or, is there a good internet source of good motorcycle roads in cartain locales?

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Don't forget Clinton's home tour! :eek: You won't see me there anytime. :shock:

Is that a stain I see on that oral errr oval office rug?

I know it's not in Little Rock and I dislike both Clintons but I'm trying to up my post count!:lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Although that motorcycle roads link does mention some great rodes, I think just about any you take in Arkansas would be good, cause none of them are straight. Just keep in mind, it's the ride not the destination.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Although that motorcycle roads link does mention some great rodes, I think just about any you take in Arkansas would be good, cause none of them are straight. Just keep in mind, it's the ride not the destination.
There are parts of Arkansas that are less scenic. If you draw a llne from north to south through Little Rock, and head northwest, southwest of just plain west, the riding is exceptional. A friend of mine and I normally just pick a route, rather than a destination and just ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
old 71

I once traveled old 71 from fort smith to springdale. wow. how much alcohol was consumed before the bulldozer fired up? but now i bet it would be fun on the bike. :D

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
If you have an extra day or two, take I-40 toward Okie, and just before you get there, take Hwy 23 North and enjoy the Pig Trail, a national scenic highway. Very curvy. Motorcycle friendly. Enjoy Eureka Springs for most or all of that day, including the dam, the Thorncrown Chapel, the old Crescent Hotel, and take a train ride or the evening meal train ride. Lots of twists and turns on the roads. Return to Little Rock via Hwy 7, another scenic route.

EDIT: For your information, most of the town (Eureka Springs) is BELOW the hill, not along the top. Lots of quaint shops, arts&crafts stores, very unusual buildings and layout.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
yes we went to eureka springs a couple of years ago in october. it was awsome we found this little bed and breakfast... with a hot tub on the back deck and a chef cooking our meals :) the only thing about that place is the deer :) expecially bad for motorcycles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts