Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in a different thread that my buddy has been riding wearing Dr. Martin shoes/boots but that the soles melt on his pipes. He's not a "biker" per se, so he's not real anxious to step into some Milwaukees or Daytons or other "biker" boots, but he is tired of his soles melting and having to clean off his pipes.

I need some good recommendation for boots or shoes with good "lugz" or "radial rubber" type soles, but not typical biker gear. He'd probably be interested in an ankle-high type shoe-boot. He's quite fashionable and has been looking at Rockports, etc., but I think those soles are going to melt as well.

Any help here would be very cool.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'd also suggest iCon boots.

PS: Does your friend know hes not supposed to put his boots on the exhaust pipes?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Mr_Lycos said:
PS: Does your friend know hes not supposed to put his boots on the exhaust pipes?
really? you mean that smell of melting rubber isn't normal? I gotta read my manual again. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
spok said:
really? you mean that smell of melting rubber isn't normal? I gotta read my manual again. :)
oh man ! let me know what you find, so i don't have to read mine too !!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
ispeed77 said:
oh man ! let me know what you find, so i don't have to read mine too !!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:
What manual!?!? :???: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Scotty Luv said:
What manual!?!? :???: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hey guys....I found it in the manual!

It say's if you have boots that melt on pipes....then to hold your feet out in front of you as you ride down the highway.....AND.....when you get off the bike....it say's to untie your boots and remove them before you get off and hold them high in the air so they won't come in contact with the pipes. I'm going out right now and give that a try. :grin:

·
32,545 Posts
whistle clean said:
Hey guys....I found it in the manual!

It say's if you have boots that melt on pipes....then to hold your feet out in front of you as you ride down the highway.....AND.....when you get off the bike....it say's to untie your boots and remove them before you get off and hold them high in the air so they won't come in contact with the pipes. I'm going out right now and give that a try. :grin:
let me know how that works for you. i am already holding my legs up to test their strength !

·
37,387 Posts
I'm gonna pattern my riding gear after the "idiot" I saw lastyear on the sportbike that superbike mike took me to task for when I called an idiot an idiot and start to wear open toe flip flops...obviously its safe enough.

·
32,545 Posts
believe it or not, a friend of mine rides his R1 with shorts and open toe sandals ! and this is the kid that has done 135 on one wheel. umm, i may not be the safety guru, but come on !

P

·
0 Posts
There are some really good boots out there made specifically for MC riding but like just about anything else for motorcycles...generally...they are over-priced. If you find something in that class you like...spend the money. Image is part of the sales pitch though...the average rider may not need those $300 racing boots perhaps.

There are also many boots made for more generic purposes that fit the bill well and if you want to save a few $$$, look around. Personally, I like my Miwaukee's though...

·
32,545 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I recommend Red Wings. They have a good selection, and make excellent, high quality stuff. Great traction and look good doin it, imho. :cool:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I've never put my feet on my pipes. Why would you? I'm confused.

·
37,387 Posts
jukief said:
I don't know about you guys, but I've never put my feet on my pipes. Why would you? I'm confused.
I've rubbed my boot against the pipes but only on accident

1 - 20 of 25 Posts