Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

This summer I'll be riding with my wife from Pittsburgh to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Question is, I know you need a helmet but are half helmets legal in Ontario? My wife has a full face but I don't, I have a half and I really don't feel like buying a full face just for this trip.

I have three helmets to pick from, I just got my new head trip helmet, I have an HJC half, and I have a Scorpion Half.

Anyone ever have issues riding into Canada with a half? Have you ever gotten harrassed? Does Canada use the US DOT standand?

I'm trying to squash any problems now so I can decide what I'm going to need to bring.

Thank you,

Mike

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
1/2 helmets are only legal as long as you attach a beaver tail to them. Full face helmets require a full set of moose antlers in order be legal. :mrgreen:

Like everyone else has already mentioned, don't worry about. Any helmet with a DOT label is cool. And honestly, the customs guy really couldn't care less what sort of helmet you are wearing anyways.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1/2 helmets are only legal as long as you attach a beaver tail to them. Full face helmets require a full set of moose antlers in order be legal. :mrgreen:

Like everyone else has alreayd mentioned, don't worry about. Any helmet with a DOT label is cool. And honestly, the customs guy really couldn't care less what sort of helmet you are wearing anyways.

LMAO I would so do that just to see what people do when I drive by.....lol

Thanks guys for the fast responces.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Guys,

This summer I'll be riding with my wife from Pittsburgh to Niagara Falls and Toronto. Question is, I know you need a helmet but are half helmets legal in Ontario? My wife has a full face but I don't, I have a half and I really don't feel like buying a full face just for this trip.

I have three helmets to pick from, I just got my new head trip helmet, I have an HJC half, and I have a Scorpion Half.

Anyone ever have issues riding into Canada with a half? Have you ever gotten harrassed? Does Canada use the US DOT standand?

I'm trying to squash any problems now so I can decide what I'm going to need to bring.

Thank you,

Mike
If you drive into canada you should contact your motorcycle insurance company and get a Id ( Proof of Insurance) card valid in canada.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Hit up Ebay and order a DOT sticker for the new HeadTrip :wink:

·
Back in the saddle.......
130 Posts
"Anyone ever have issues riding into Canada with a half? Have you ever gotten harrassed?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: We all wear ski-doo helmets up here which are full face, so ya, you'll get razzed at the border! :mrgreen: And the snow should be down to only an inch or so by summer, so you're golden!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Enjoy your trip to Canada. We have stores and street lights and everything!

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Anyone ever have issues riding into Canada with a half? Have you ever gotten harrassed?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: We all wear ski-doo helmets up here which are full face, so ya, you'll get razzed at the border! :mrgreen: And the snow should be down to only an inch or so by summer, so you're golden!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Enjoy your trip to Canada. We have stores and street lights and everything!
:lol:

Sweet so you mean you have running water too!

:mrgreen:

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hit up Ebay and order a DOT sticker for the new HeadTrip :wink:
I'm one step a head of you....lol I also have an old liner down stairs, Trying to figure the best way to attach the tag on the inside....lol

I didn't post this in the review thread because I didn't want to confuse anyone. :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts