Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so the wheather here is Tucson has been cold, like 48 degrees in the early morning when I go to work. I freeze in the following order: chin, hands, thighs. Soon, my chin goes numb and it is no longer in issue. But, other than better gloves and long johns, isn't there something that goes over my head? What is it called?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
re

a headsock - mine has a nylon pullover that goes over your head kinda like a wetsuite
looks-then has a warm fuzzy sock material that covers from your nose down to your shoulders-works great! also army navy surplus stores have full wool ski mask-but because they are so thick helmet fit is a issue.- the nylon/fuzzy sock is the way to :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
48 degrees? WIMP! :p Seriously, I ride to work (30 miles one way) as long as the temp is above 40. The only problem that I have with the cold is numb fingers, and that's only because I wear Mechanix gloves to ride in. A bandana around the neck and up over the chin/cheeks works fine for me to keep the wind off. Consider a pair of flannel lined jeans, or buying a pair of overpants for those nippy days. And always dress in layers. Around here the temp may be 29 in the morning and shoot up to 70 in the afternoon. (today's forecast). I hate spring weather!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,245 Posts
48 Degrees is great weather (this coming from a texan)

if its really too cold for ya wear a ski mask under your helmet. You shouldn't be frozen in jeans, just some thermal underwear under those will fix that and dual-star (dunno website. hit google) for some heated grips.

I have the heated grips, they are sooo wonderful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Hehe, I find it amusing that so many people from Washington state move to Arizona ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
In Minnesota we wear headsocks and something fluffy around the neck. That keeps the chin warm. As long as there's no ice, we ride regardless of the temperature. We have a saying, "It's not too cold -- you're improperly dressed."

When it gets below 35 or so, I wear glove liners inside snowmobile mittens if I'm on a long ride, and I wear a parka and long johns or double-layer pants.

I've been on long rides in 0-10F weather, and it's not too bad.

Now if I get that job in Orlando, I'll want to ride in a t-shirt and flip-flops.
Curt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,122 Posts
Hey 48 degrees in AZ is cold for us!!
I wear my leather pants, riding boots, layers under my First Gear Jacket, and gloves....oh and of coarse my helmet!!

Your next posting will be......what do I wear when its 112 degrees???!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,122 Posts
ekinnee said:
NinjaGirl said:
Your next posting will be......what do I wear when its 112 degrees???!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing! ;) Well, nothing except your helmet, gloves, mesh jacket and boots.
Well thats boring.....just kidding..... :lol:
This will be my first summer on a street bike, but so far I am prepared.....Joe Rocket Blasitc Jacket, mesh pants, gloves, same riding boots, helmet.....oh and a tank top underneath!! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
ekinnee said:
NinjaGirl said:
Your next posting will be......what do I wear when its 112 degrees???!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing! ;) Well, nothing except your helmet, gloves, mesh jacket and boots.
Well thats boring.....just kidding..... :lol:
This will be my first summer on a street bike, but so far I am prepared.....Joe Rocket Blasitc Jacket, mesh pants, gloves, same riding boots, helmet.....oh and a tank top underneath!! :wink:
Wow, I have enough trouble keeping a mesh jacket on in 98 degree weather... ;P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,245 Posts
Aikata said:
Wow, I have enough trouble keeping a mesh jacket on in 98 degree weather... ;P
I've actually had better luck staying cool wearing a mesh jacket as compared to a tshirt. keeps just as much air venting through as a tshirt and you don't have the sun directly hitting you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Freakinout said:
Aikata said:
Wow, I have enough trouble keeping a mesh jacket on in 98 degree weather... ;P
I've actually had better luck staying cool wearing a mesh jacket as compared to a tshirt. keeps just as much air venting through as a tshirt and you don't have the sun directly hitting you.
yeah... I was mostly kidding... the only time I can't really stand it is sitting at a traffic light. Everything else is peachy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,245 Posts
Aikata said:
Freakinout said:
Aikata said:
Wow, I have enough trouble keeping a mesh jacket on in 98 degree weather... ;P
I've actually had better luck staying cool wearing a mesh jacket as compared to a tshirt. keeps just as much air venting through as a tshirt and you don't have the sun directly hitting you.
yeah... I was mostly kidding... the only time I can't really stand it is sitting at a traffic light. Everything else is peachy...
sitting in traffic sucks no matter what you're wearing. :shock:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top