Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to sportbike riding and when i ride my bike on wet roads it feels like the rear is trying to slip from under me is this normal or is there something wrong. is there something that i can do to stop this. like i said i'm new so i don't ride fast i get this at about 25 to 35 mph. i was told to let some air out of the rear tire to get more traction but this was told to me by a person that knows less then me about bikes. the bike is a 05 zzr 600

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Are your tires new or nearly worn out and need replacing? What does the tread look like when you inspect the tire? Is is smooth or does it still have life left?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tires are new the bike only has 300 miles on it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice choice of bikes. I experience the same thing, and while it's not a happy feeling, it's normal. Just be smooth with the bike and avoid the middle of the lane where there's usually a ridge (not to mention oil).

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
ghost71 said:
the tires are new the bike only has 300 miles on it

ghost71....where do you live? Is it cold there?

Keep in mind riding in the winter will present a few challanges when the temps are cold out as the tires wont grip quite as well compared to when the road surface is warm. And....as has been mentioned....oil on the roads from cars / trucks driving daily leave em slick when they get wet so be careful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts