Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get shoulder surgery tomorrow. So riding will be out until maybe September if I am lucky. It is bad news, but it;s got to be done. I figured I didn't want to be on the side of mountain in colorado or canada and have the stupid thing lock up on me. I guess now I can spend some quality time in the garage maybe add a few goodies later on. So to you all, ride safe this summer and enjoy.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Sorry to hear! Good luck with the surgery.

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but best of luck getting ride-ready again. There will be other summers, but you have only the two shoulders. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
sorry to hear that :(

what mods ya got lined up for your garage time?? :mrgreen:

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
good luck and take it easy, feel for you.
Just getting back from a shoulder surgery myself, its a slow recovery

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can identify with that. I was out for a full year, and several before that were miserable. It just hurt to ride no matter what, couldn't have a pain free ride at all.

I had both hips replaced, one in August 09 and one in September 09.

I sold my Wing and bought my VN2K before I could even ride it. It sat from July until October 18th, when I started it up and went for a pain free ride while my wife was at work. I was lucky, I am a quick healer

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I can identify with that. I was out for a full year, and several before that were miserable. It just hurt to ride no matter what, couldn't have a pain free ride at all.

I had both hips replaced, one in August 09 and one in September 09.

I sold my Wing and bought my VN2K before I could even ride it. It sat from July until October 18th, when I started it up and went for a pain free ride while my wife was at work. I was lucky, I am a quick healer
were you pain free when the wife got home and found out what you were doing? lol !

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Slow Ride sorry about your troubles. Hope you heal quickly and get back to riding soon.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm just 11 weeks out of Rotator cup surgery, released from PT and Drs care. Just told me not to go doing any ox work as it'll still be several months before I can stop worrying about ripping the muscle off the bone, again. The shoulder is stiff and when exercised it smarts but thats because they took off a bone spur, reshaped my clavical and then they have to do a lot of roughing everything up so the muscle will heal to the bone. Still, I've exceeded their expectations.

Do as they say and no more. I worked for 6 weeks one handed with my left hand. I carry 40-50 pound boxes of paper around at work, that was fun one handed. I made a couple of linked loops of rope to sling around the boxes so I could carry them. All things equal the bone pain should be mostly gone around Christmas. You're condition is why I did mine in mid February. My shoulder tore partially in June along an old wound and I limped through to October but it failed completely in January as we were scheduling the operation. Worked out good for me.

Hang in there. It helps if you can do your work with the other shoulder. The time spent NOT wokring would be intolerable to me. It will take a while to heal but I've seen folks that are taking way too long because they are not following instructions, follow them and be happy with the results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
were you pain free when the wife got home and found out what you were doing? lol !
Naw....she knew I was going nuts. Matter of fact, 2 days later she was on it with me. Her only question: baby your not gonna drop me are you?

Actually by the time I swung a leg over it I was already near 100%.

I had a good Doc!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts