Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Looks good in the pics, and it's a great match if you have LeatherLyke bags.

Be aware that there is no "inner", so you have no options for mounting a stereo, GPS, gauges, etc....

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
I gotta say it looks very cool. A leather Fairing WoW!

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Very interesting alternative to the classic "bat." Looks like you can get in in either primered or gloss black as well as leather.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i don't really like the way it looks. i want a bat wing on my 1600 and don't want to spend all that money. so i have been shopping ebay and picked up an inner HD fairing for $70. and now looking for a outer in descent shape. i should have a round $300 once installed. with the HD fairing i have all the room needed to add a radio, gauges or anything else i want.

don't worry fellas i will be taking pictures of everything i do and trying to write everything down also. i get my inner fairing this week, he was going to ship it out today. hope to have an outer within the month.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you're worried about looks, IMHO the closeups look much better than the panshots. Personally I'd prefer a frame mounted fairing if available regardless of the looks. I wouldn't tolerate that much frontal surface in the crosswinds hanging in front of my forks, but I ride in a lot of wind. The short F&S windshield is about the limit I want to deal with when passing semi's in 50 mph winds. The Classic handles a HECK of a lot better without...

Just my $.02

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
If you're worried about looks, IMHO the closeups look much better than the panshots. Personally I'd prefer a frame mounted fairing if available regardless of the looks. I wouldn't tolerate that much frontal surface in the crosswinds hanging in front of my forks, but I ride in a lot of wind. The short F&S windshield is about the limit I want to deal with when passing semi's in 50 mph winds. The Classic handles a HECK of a lot better without...
Solution: Harley Road Glide fairing.
One of the guys on the Delphi forum fitted one to a Nomad and he says there is less impact from passing trucks and wind than the stock shield.
It's a frame-mounted fairing (the one with dual headlights) and does not attach to the forks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Solution: Harley Road Glide fairing.
One of the guys on the Delphi forum fitted one to a Nomad and he says there is less impact from passing trucks and wind than the stock shield.
It's a frame-mounted fairing (the one with dual headlights) and does not attach to the forks.
Hey Rich

Do you have a link? I'd really like to know how he mounted it, and if he has any pix. Personally, a frame mount may look goofy, but that's the only way I'd go to a fairing.

Thanks

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Kawi Delphi start page

It was an ongoing project of forum member Kick. He passed away, and his bike "Stealth" is now owned by member "tguolee". Kick sold him the bike about a year before he passed on.

Fortunately, though the RG fairing was originally Kick's plan and the parts were provided with the bike (it had a batwing on it when sold). TG did the actual installation. Seems that Kick had the RG fairing on it at one time, then swapped to the batwing.
Stealth Mods

Here's another one.... Iceman, with the Champagne 1500 Nad:
Iceman's Nomad

I edited the URL's above.... you'll need to register with Delphi (free account) and then you can follow the links directly once signed in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW

Not as goofy as I'd pictured!!!! Gotta new retirement project to work on for the Classic! Things are getting stiff, oh wait, that's the knees....

Thanks Rich. I'm much more interested in a geezer's and the ol' lady's comfort on a long haul than how I look, but that does it for me. Trying to talk myself out of adding an 1800 "Wing to the fleet.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Thanks Rich. I'm much more interested in a geezer's and the ol' lady's comfort on a long haul than how I look, but that does it for me. Trying to talk myself out of adding an 1800 "Wing to the fleet.
I'm not going to say that you'll never see me on a 'Wing... I sit on them occasionally at the dealers, but as far as having my name on the title?
It's not going to happen for a VERY, very long time.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Corbin, Hoppe/Quadzilla, Wide Open (ABS), Radio Caddy (ABS)... there's a bunch available.

The ABS fairings are typically around $500, no paint, no stereo. Those who have bought the Wide Open with the stereo claimed it was hard to hear, then upgraded the speakers to Infinity's and it's fine now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts