Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which risers will fit the 1500 Classic FI (mine is a 2008) without having to change cables or re-route them behind the tree.

Thanks for your response.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I have Phat II risers on my 1500 FI. They were easy to put on and didn't require rerouting or changing the cables.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Before:

After:

stock cables still used. I got them from Chuckster (either on here or VROC). I am 6'2 and they made a great difference in comfort.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
We put the scootworks riser extensions on our 1500. They are simple straight spacers that go between the stock riser and the triple tree. Very easy to install and only about $65. They give a little less than 2" of rise and about 1.5" pullback.

·
Praying for sun!
146 Posts
I have the Phats from Scootworks on my 05. No cable changes required.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I got my Phat IIs from Scootworks, too. Can't remember what I paid for them, but you can check their web site and get the price.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nail, those look good. Question - my brake cable seems rather tight from where it goes behind the headlight back to the hydraulic fluid resevoir, but there is a fair amount of slack in it between the bracket and the caliper, next to the left hand fork. I haven't looked closely enough to tell yet but can some of this slack be worked back to the other side of the bracket to give more slack running along the handlebar or is that bracket somehow permanently connected to the hose?

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Nail, those look good. Question - my brake cable seems rather tight from where it goes behind the headlight back to the hydraulic fluid resevoir, but there is a fair amount of slack in it between the bracket and the caliper, next to the left hand fork. I haven't looked closely enough to tell yet but can some of this slack be worked back to the other side of the bracket to give more slack running along the handlebar or is that bracket somehow permanently connected to the hose?
Thanks. They weren't difficult to put on. As for cabling: I did not have to reroute anything on mine. Just a little tugging to work the slack up to the top. My brake cable is loosely "mounted" thru 2 metal clips up top and two rubber-grommet-lined guides, 1 at the triple tree and 1 down by the rotor. But

- get some black zip ties and cinch the clutch hose and small cable from the left side together as they run down along the handlebars. Don't wire tie them to the handlebar.

- on the left side on the bottom of the triple tree is a metal wire guide the stuff runs thru. I gained a little slack by snapping it off.

- after you install risers, make sure nothing touches the gas tank, especially when parking.

All-in-all it's an easy install I highly recommend. And don't forget that after you mount them the handlebars can be rotated up or down in them. Just watch the hoses and cables.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up getting the Custom World bushing-type riser that fits below the stock riser. It gave me the change I was looking for. Install was easy. I removed the brake cable guide that was secured by the left side riser nut to give a little more slack to that cable. The clutch cable seems a tad snug when you turn the bars to full lock to the right but I can still wiggle that cable both above and below the top triple clamp so I think it's OK. But the price was a little on the rediculous side for what you get. Cost was $65 for the part and but ended up at $83 with tax and shipping. For me I think the Phat or other type would have placed the bars too far back. I prefer to have my arms extended with only a slight bend at the elbow.

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Glad you found something that works for you. Got some pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts