Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I either need to reposition my handlebars via risers.........or get my arms lengthened. I thing the changing the bars or getting risers would be cheaper. I have access to a full machine shop including CNC, so I think that I will make my own. My concern is how far that I can actually deviate from the stock location without running into trouble with the controls. I was thinking of mocking up a riser to check for fit. My question is for those that have risers...what would be a good starting point as far as maximum rise and pullback?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
go with the dimensions of the Phat Riser II. they have the right dimensions to bring the bars up and back without changing the cables or brake lines. You will find going with risers is far easier than changing bars, just because of the minimal time to install them or change them out.

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
My risers gave me 2 up and one back. Fits perfectly now.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did 2 up and 1 back make a big difference? Did you have to mess with the cables?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6 foot also. 4" up and 2" back...wow, sounds good for me too. No cable mods?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I put Phat IIs on my 900 LT. It's just about perfect. A couple of the cables are a little tight when the bars are at limits, so I may reroute them later.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to do a mock up and see what I can get away with. Then I will make the final piece. I CNC'd a rear brake rotor on my 1500 Vulcan...came out *****in'.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oops!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Phats went on really easy, I did have to put the cables behind the stem instead of in the front. No big deal. They come with all the how to instructions. At first I thought they were to high, but then rode for a couple days and they were great! Much easier on my back, it really sits you back in the seat, which it made that feel better too! Good luck! Honk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I´m planning on making a few two-piece billet aluminum risers which I could sell here if someone is interested, so I would appreciate if someone could give me a few measurments: Riser center to center distance and mounting bolt threads + handlebar diameter.

Thanks

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I also have the PhatII's. Something to consider is that the original steering geometry of the bike was for the wide bars. No, no, I am not saying different bars will be a problem or mor difficult to ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts