Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got informed today that southern cruiser riding club's first officer chapter#164 has made me
a road captain as of today :shock: very honored to ride in that capacity with the club!

feeling a little proud of myself-just thought i'd share :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
ROAD CAPTAIN

It's been a long while since I rode with a group...but is the road captain one of the CRAZY guys that puts his bike and body in front of oncoming cars to let the group pass through...like at intersections??? I'm not kidding...I really don't remember...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

spdrkt brought jokes :lol: :lol: - i wish! only my ride bell does that :lol:

freakin-that rank and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee :lol:

ljangell-the answer is YES,but we try not to do that for safety reasons and its illegal
in florida, we only do it when it is absolutley required.riding solo or 2-3 is a whole different world than group riding. if you have never riden in a large group you prolly don't realize what's involved with insuring the saftey of 20-30 riders.
i had to take a riding skill test to qualify for captain that was not all that easy on big bike,
lots of slow speed tricks and high speed test.we take the saftey of our riders VERY serious
and all of the captains are capable riders.we have well over 100 bikes that 5 captains
have to look out for and its alot of work on a long ride.to keep that many riders together
for a fun and safe ride is kinda cool. :D

ride safe!

·
Registered
41 Posts
bikeaholic, that is very cool! Congratulations! I just joined my local chapter of Southern Cruisers, but I haven't even been to a meeting yet. Seeing as how there's snow everywhere, there's not much activity right now. I'm looking forward to going on my first ride with them this spring. I think there are about 45 members in this chapter.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

awright!! a scrc brother :lol: you'll like ridin' with them-great bunch of folks
the best part is their philiosophy: "it don't matter what you ride-its the ride that matters"

they've come a long way in 6 years with 60,000 members :shock:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
RC/GROUPS

Yep, Been there done that. When we first started the Hickam Rock Riders (Oahu, Hawaii), on Hickam Air Force Base, we had bikers from all of the services and we put our club togethere to show that bikes can be a good thing instead fo every military rider having nothing to do, except sometimes create havoc on the roads and such...we started the group. and I was invited to be a road captain after joining the JOINT MIlitary MSF training Course that was held on Hickam AFB, and ultimately became a requirement to get a Base(military) Decal for you bike for all of the bases on the island. It was cool... we set up rides of all sorts an dvisited resturaunts and visited sites on the island that 98% of the people knew nothing about. I enjoyed the training and love to ride the course even with big bikes, as well as the little ones. Good for you! A serious feather in your cap! BRAVO!!!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I found a very informative document about group riding.

As per the authors request I can't post the info here but James.R.Davis will send you a PDF file for your personal use if you ask him.

I received my file within 4 hours of requesting it.

Request "Group riding guidelines 2003"

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts