Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the funds to register the bike, pay the stupid e-tax and sales tax on it, and got the vanity plates!!! So now the bike is road legal... unfortunately, I am still not. Even though I've been riding for a little over a month, I have to wait until May 12th to get that little piece of paper that means when I get pulled over by a cop, he can't flatbed my bike for "operating a vehicle outside my class." May 12th cant come fast enough... :toetap:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on getting it all legal. Will be a long 10 days, just ride easy and don't stick out....

What does the vanity plate say?

Robb

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vanity says "BRTSGRL" [Bret's girl]. My boyfriend is bretsk2500, also member here.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol!! It does sound funny, but that is exactly what I would get cited for here in Maine.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very concerned about pulling out of my parking lot and onto route 109... people are insane on that road!!

8,922 Posts
I'm very concerned about pulling out of my parking lot and onto route 109... people are insane on that road!!
Just do what I do. Listen closely. Ride very very fast, the faster you ride the less time you will be on the road, less time on the road, less chance of an accident, on second thought, never, never listen to me, I don't make much sense:mrgreen:

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL!!!! Bret will kill you for saying that!!!! LOL!!!!

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lee, what's the class thing up there? I've never lived in a state that had class limits.
Class C is presently what I have - its a regular driver's license for operating cars and trucks. There is a separate class for people with CDL licenses, etc. Once I get my permit, it will change my *class* to include operating a motorcycle. In New Hampshire, once you get your motorcycle license, they change your license from *Class C* to *Class C-M* to include the motorcycle allowance. I'm not sure what Maine does yet, haven't lived her long enough. But as long as I have that piece of paper that tells the cop who pulls me over that I am legal to ride on the road, I'll be happy.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll rain for the next week.
The weather forecast for Maine, for the next 6 days... rain. It'll help me stay off the bike illegally, but I work outside. Rain greatly affects my job and how many hours I can work. Same with my BF, bretsk2500. This is not good news for either of us.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Class C is presently what I have - its a regular driver's license for operating cars and trucks. There is a separate class for people with CDL licenses, etc. Once I get my permit, it will change my *class* to include operating a motorcycle. In New Hampshire, once you get your motorcycle license, they change your license from *Class C* to *Class C-M* to include the motorcycle allowance. I'm not sure what Maine does yet, haven't lived her long enough. But as long as I have that piece of paper that tells the cop who pulls me over that I am legal to ride on the road, I'll be happy.
Oh, ok. it kinda sounded like there was a size restriction or something. We have the same type of process here.

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
The weather forecast for Maine, for the next 6 days... rain. It'll help me stay off the bike illegally, but I work outside. Rain greatly affects my job and how many hours I can work. Same with my BF, bretsk2500. This is not good news for either of us.
Did you get accepted into the shipbuilding apprenticeship program? (Not to highjack the thread or anything.)

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
"Bretts Girl"??? Does your patch say "Property of"?? Just courious ya know...that Fem thing thats been going on for the last 50yrs just got set back a lil .......LOL

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Congrats! You must be thrilled. Less than a week to go and you are good to go.

I just noticed last night I've been riding around since last June unregistered. I thought my sticker looked different than eveyone elses. I did move in May last year, so that maybe why. I'll go to the DMV next week (paid bi-weekly). Crossing my fingers til then.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you get accepted into the shipbuilding apprenticeship program? (Not to highjack the thread or anything.)
Not yet. The test in May 30th.
I'm a vendor for Lowes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts