Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i learned that the white and yellow lines are really icy this time of year,even when theirs no ice on the road.. because of the texture of the paint, and that whatever bars are stock on older ninjas suck ***.. i could have saved it, but the left bar snapped and i spent a week in the hospital instead,im just happy it was someone elses bike,even though im gona fix it for him.

cheers

·
Registered
459 Posts
Any paint on the road, when icy, or wet, will be slippery. Don't put your foot on it at an intersection. Try not to cross it at too oblique an angle when turning on it.
Rode salely

·
Super Moderator
10,861 Posts
Here in central NC, where snowplows are unheard of, they use the lay-down stencil thingees instead of paint that's like crossing railroad tracks. Gotta be really careful with it. Vey slippery even when it's dry.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

roadpaint=ice even in florida

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You know if they just mixed the paint with sand?

·
Registered
875 Posts
You're asking for the DOT to do something that makes sense...what you you thinking.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I had a pix once of DOT painting the line right over a road kill oppussom. Really funny. Maybe I should call and give them the idea? Yeah, call the government and tell them what I think....duh!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts