1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
Thanks for sharing - I've got to admit it brought back sweet memories of the past, riding my 1942 Harley-Davidson 45 WLA with side shift and rocker foot clutch.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
excellent piece. thanks woody for sharing that. Interesting on the vintage bike rider being allowed to wear a vintage helmut in washington.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excellent piece. thanks woody for sharing that. Interesting on the vintage bike rider being allowed to wear a vintage helmut in washington.
Well I'll assume you've ridden some of those roads in Wash. Dave? I've been to a few of the places they mentioned in Mont. When I lived up there. I do remember them riding the horses in the bar. what about the restore shop , you ever been there ? it's in your neck of the woods.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Well I'll assume you've ridden some of those roads in Wash. Dave? I've been to a few of the places they mentioned in Mont. When I lived up there. I do remember them riding the horses in the bar. what about the restore shop , you ever been there ? it's in your neck of the woods.
I've ridden the Mt. Raineer Highway, never crossed it over to eastern washington, always looped around and back home. I didn't know of the restore shop, might have to make a pilgrimage. those Indians they had look and sound sweet.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
I posted those same links several months back, and taped that episode on my VCR when it first came out on PBS. Still have it, and it was a great show. I didn't care much for the segments about the MN baggers slabbing it there, but those guys riding the antique Indians rocked!

Indian Jeff McGeary suffered severe injuries while riding his vintage 1946 Indian Chief motorcycle to Montana 11-tears ago in the fall. McGeary collided with a cow and then lay unconscious in subfreezing weather for 10 hours before being found, covered in frost with a body temperature of 80 degrees. Miraculously, McGeary survived, but is paralyzed from the chest down. He lives in Sheridan, MT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts