Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I fired off an email to RoadBike this morning to cancel my subscription (which I've had for a good 5 years now), and to my surprise I received a response from Steve Lita (the editor) within an hour.

I won't bother pasting the exact details of the correspondence, and I still will not renew my subsrciption with that magazine (as I don't care for the new narrowed focus format on certain types of bikes, inclusion of non-metric brand,and the omission of other "genre's" of bikes), but it was refreshing to see that my concerns were read and answered by a real person, and the Editor to boot.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Call me narrow-minded, but the reasons you cite for dropping it are the reasons that I will continue to buy it. I have no interest in sportbikes, dual purpose rides and the like, and RoadBike and MC Cruiser, while certainly not perfect, are the only two that cater to people like myself.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Impressive the editor called and so quickly. Magazines and newspapers are losing readers because of the internet.

I subcribe to Sport Rider (my favorite) and Motor Cyclist (good overall) because their yearly subscriptions are such a bargain. I just came across Road Racer-X and will probably get that one, too. Super Streetbike is pretty good, but more geared towards squids (lol).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here's my two cents; I like Rider mag. 'cause it's geared toward people who actually RIDE. (If you spend more money on accessories, apparel, waxes, polishes and wash compounds than gas for the bike, well...) I like Motorcycle Classics mag 'cause I grew up with the old Brits and early UJMs. RoadBike is pretty good, but I don't subscribe to any of them. They all seem to have a lot of repitition and the same things, but if I see something that catches my interest, I get it from the newsstand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.