Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
wow - the MB area is so flat, that's a tall order for what I typically think a 'sport bike' rider might want. Cruisers - yes - sportbike - no. But I'm not an expert on that area, but I grew up vacationing there. I just don't remember any roads like you find in the mountains. If he wants to ride it like a cruiser, then the ENTIRE MB area would probably be fine. Depends on his interests. I would think he'd want to go slooow to avoid crashing while watching the scenery (maybe not in November - lol). I gotta hear the responses on this one. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,876 Posts
I'll let you know if I find one. We're leaving tomorrow, golf clubs & beer cooler already in the truck, for 7 days of sleep/shower/eat/golf/drink/nap/drink more/eat/repeat. Honest, I'll look but we all know there's no "fun" roads to be had within 60 miles of MB.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you're looking for hills and twisties your in the wrong place. Pretty sad when some of the best turns are in mall parking lots. That said there are some nice rides as long as you understand the limitations. I can put together some rides that are enjoyable in the area or we could just ride together if that's easier. Let me know Dave.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Myrtle beach is pretty flat and straight, my wife and I spend a lot of time there, she grew up in Conway, but I will warn for him to make sure he doesn't have a loud bike, I got busted there not long ago, and my bikes not THAT loud, set of baffled cobra slashdowns on a 900 custom.

·
Super Moderator
10,876 Posts
Welp, I'm back. Did find a new curvy road- it actually has 2 curves in it!! It's the new Main Street Connector from Hwy 17 to Hwy 31 in NMB. It's short & the speed limit is 45, but it's about the funnest I could find.

Of course I jest, there's no fun riding in NMB ;)

But I did get 6 consecutive days of golf, only 1 day in long pants. Best score was 80, worst was 89. Life is good :cool:

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
I was stationed at MBAFB for nine years. I wore out the CENTERS of many tires then. Hey Chris, does she know Derek Barrett? (the best Honda wrench in the UNIVERSE. Better than me, and I'm good)
I asked and she does not, of course we have never messed with honda's other than an old civic we used to have.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Welp, I'm back. Did find a new curvy road- it actually has 2 curves in it!! It's the new Main Street Connector from Hwy 17 to Hwy 31 in NMB. It's short & the speed limit is 45, but it's about the funnest I could find.

But I did get 6 consecutive days of golf, only 1 day in long pants. Best score was 80, worst was 89. Life is good :cool:
I love the golf there, I didn't get to play last time I was there, forgot my clubs and I refuse to rent. Glad you had fun, and hope you took those 2 curves more than once.

·
Registered
499 Posts

Yup you can really scrape a peg on that one! Shoulda PM'd me big guy. I could have taken you for an enjoyable ride. It ain't the mountains but still plenty of character here.

Oh you only played 9 holes at a time? :eek: :lol: I thought I saw you shank one into the pond on the 5th at Long Bay. You really should watch you language! My dog's ears were bleeding! :cool:

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...But I did get 6 consecutive days of golf, only 1 day in long pants. Best score was 80, worst was 89. Life is good :cool:
...Oh you only played 9 holes at a time? :eek: :lol: I thought I saw you shank one into the pond on the 5th at Long Bay. You really should watch you language! My dog's ears were bleeding! :cool:
You beat me to it!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,876 Posts
Yoose guys are killin' me :mad: !

It was a tough week but somebody had to do it. I was really surprised at the lack of golfers this year, at least on the north end. 1 course had 16 people on Sunday, another 12 on Monday. Not groups, that was the number of people that played the course that day.

Musta been someone else at Long Bay. My "shank o' the week" was into the second pond on # 6 at The Oaks at Waterway Hills :lol: Appreciate the offer for the guided ride but I left the bike home. Figured between daytime golf and nighttime beer, there was little time left for riding. I was right of course :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts