Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, rode in to work today. Dark out. Hit a big rock on the freeway going 60 mph. Dang, you can't see anything on the road sometimes. Got real lucky and just bounced the front end. Definitely made me pay even more attention. Up ahead were more rocks in the freeway. Able to avoid those. Boy, it was cold out too. So, everybody be real careful out there riding in the dark. Things can sneak up on you.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
*Riding, Riding, Riding, Rid- MUFFLER!* Yep, been there, bought the souvenirs on that whole riding in the dark gig. You take care of yourself up there, Cmptrmn.1
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
OUCH! Thanks for the reminder! I tend to only concentrate on the side of the road and woods looking for deer. I forget to check the actual lane I am riding in.....Glad you are okay!!!! :-D

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Commuting past an airport

(I'll tell what always surprises the you now what out of me...)

Driving by and then having something hit you when there are no other vehicles around. Spoke to a guy I know that used to work at an International airport that people would be surprised how much crap falls off planes at takeoff.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Glad all you got was a scare.

Lots of accidents over the years have been the result of objects appearing suddenly out of the darkness.

I might also mention that Squids outriding their headlights is the cause behind many a case of road rash these days.

·
Registered
533 Posts
how about that Cow... fell out of the sky onto a minivan... that HAD to be a surprise !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, rode in to work today. Dark out. Hit a big rock on the freeway going 60 mph.
What was the speed limit for rocks on the freeway? Gotta watch out for speeding rocks they're a menace!

·
Registered
114 Posts
has anyone tried fitting a spot light or driving light to there bike? ive been doing a far bit of night time riding (due to broken timing belt in my cage) and the lights just dont cut it. I think my little cbr has the best light but even that isnt the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts